Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was it insured? Being so badly messed up I would have thought they would write it off.

------

Red 2002 ZX-6R 636

It's not the speed that kills, it's the sudden stop...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah I got my bike back so I'm pretty lucky but it's messed up bad. It's a 1998 ZX-6R and if anyone could give me advice on repairs, it would be appreciated. The forks are bent, radiator and fan smashed into the exhaust bending the pipes. Rim bent and some other damage. My intitial questions are:

1. The ignition was popped and I have no idea how to turn it on to check how the engine is running.

2. I need a cheap and easy way to get it off the ground so I can take the front end apart and start replacing stuff.

If anyone can help either post here or e-mail me at [email protected]

·
Registered
44 Posts
Learn how to use Fiberglass and glaze putty. Goto Advanced Auto and buy the primer thats grey with flex in it, its a green can with a picture of a bumper on the front i used about 10 cans total. Only use flex primer and paints on the plastic. Then do all the prep work and find someone to shoot it for you. Earl schieb wants 350 for my bike. Maco is just retarded but you might know someone who paints just ask around. I layed mine down and have done everything I just told you about myself. My bike is 99ZX6R and books for 4k the insurance company totald it for all the plastic so I bought it back for 700 bucks and fixed it all myself and pocketed like 2500.00$. If you need any help just email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
418 Posts
Before you dig deep, ascertain whether the frame is bent, An indicator for this is by measuring the gap between the rim of the tank and the frame spars on both sides, they should be even in gap. With such a hard frontal to bend the forks back to the pipes, chances are their is more damage than first meets the eye. It may be more profitable to break the bike for spares and buy another than to rebuild this one.

------

Ash

www.mcnninjas.co.uk The Best Ninja Owners Forum un the UK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.