Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier today I accidentally dropped the bike pushing it out of my garage. I tried to catch it at no avail and find myself in the horrible situation of trying to fix my baby.

It fell on the right side, scratching and cracking my right fairing, scatching my exhaust, cracking my footpeg, and leaving some scratches on my grips. Lesson learned, don't be a jackass, and get yourself some damn sliders!!

Now to my inquiry....How much will it cost me to replace the fairing, grip and footpeg? I have no problem going w/ aftermarket items if they are cheaper and better. I'll keep the exhaust for now since the damage is barely noticable, and i'll be upgrading next summer.

Is there anything else I should look out for regarding non-visable damage? Any advise for a regretful fool (besides being more careful)?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
If you have a few days, get on e-bay. Fairings are being sold for about$150 or less. You may not find your color though. You can get new grips for under $20 and if it is just your peg you can get a new set for under $50. If it is the actual footpeg bracket it will cost you around $70. I would say you could fix it for less than $300 easily.

·
Registered
493 Posts
wow it seems like verytime someone drops an 03 6r the fairing cracks. havent noticed this with other bikes when they are dropped. did yours crack right around the stock front blinker? that seems to be the cause of alot of the cracked fairings, my brothers as well.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Wow... sorry to hear about that man. When I move my bike - even if it's only a foot - I get right on it. I know it's light and maneuverable, but, what's the likelyhood of it falling over while you're on it? The '02 fell over twice, once on each side when I was pulling it off of the stands. I just thought it was dumb luck... I know better than that now.

The next question is; what frame sliders are you going to go with?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.