Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to hear about that Matt... yep.. although it doesn't make things better, it COULD have been worse... hope you find the part #

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
If it's not that bad, keep it on for the next time. That didn't sound right, but you know what I mean. Yo can get touch-up paint from Color Rite. Did you have frame sliders? Might have worked in your situation. Glad your ok...

·
Registered
76 Posts
well im sorry to say that my red 2003 636 went down for the first time and i went down for the first time too. i was making a right hand turn and the bike slid out from under me on some gravel/shit that was on the ground.

i got some nasty road rash on my knee and arm and a bruised hip, not too bad. what hurt more was the scratches that were on my new bike and a small crack in my right fairing.

i guess all around it could have been alot worse and i guess the old saying "its not if you are going to fall on a bike, its when you are going to fall" is so true.

the damage to my bike is all cosmetic and really only noticeable to me, but it bothers me alot. does anyone know where i can grab a new red fairing for the 636 for a good price? does anyone know the part #?

thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
same thing happen to me bout a month ago, i just sanded the scratches out put some primer on it and had it sprayed. cost me all of about 60 bucks. looks brand new.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Sorry to hear it man. I feel for ya. I dread the day I go down. Were you wearing any gear? I'm glad you're ok.

·
Registered
76 Posts
thanks for all the words of encouragement guys. i called around about replacing the parts and the dealer wanted 450 for the lower cowling and 490 for the upper.

the other day when i logged onto this site on the homepage (zx6r.com) i noticed that link for oem parts with all those phone numbers. i called all of them up and all of the places were willing to match and beat the others prices. the best price i got on the lower cowling was like 290 and 340 for the upper. not too bad if you ask me.

the only thing that sucks right now is that all of these places, including the dealer said that the lower cowling is on national backorder and no one has any idea of when its coming in. who knows.

on a side note, yesterday one of my friends had just picked up a new 2003 blk honda cbr600 rr and not even having the bike for 24 hours totaled it. i dont know the whole story but what i do know was that he was going pretty quick and had to really put the breaks on. he couldnt stop in time and hit the curb. he flew off the bike into a fence and on to some grass. thank god he was able to get up and walk away with just some scratches. the bike is another story. i saw it this morning and the handle bars are busted, the gas tank is ripped open with gas everywhere, all pegs buted off and the whole right side scratched and smashed up. hes really lucky he didnt do some serious damage to himself. keep it safe and smart everybody!

·
Registered
695 Posts
KNOCK ON SOME SERIOUS WOOD! I have yet to go down.

Man that sucks. I can't even imagine what I would do with my baby all bruised up. I think I'd have to cry a little. [:I]

·
Registered
165 Posts
I wonder if the dealer's insurance will cover that totaled CBR 600RR? Please keep us posted about how it turns out. Glad your friend was able to walk away!

·
Registered
49 Posts
i had my down last season and the right and upper fairing ran up to 800 bucks, at the beginning of this season i ordered them att 450 bucks for the 2 pieces, if it doesnt bother you that much i would wait to next season instead of spendin all that dough. PS sprayin it with some paint for now would help also

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Originally posted by mattyesco

...and i guess the old saying "its not if you are going to fall on a bike, its when you are going to fall" is so true.
ugh! I hate that saying because it is so NOT true. That adage is spoken by those who go down to make themselves feel a little better.

I am glad to hear that you walked away relatively unscathed.

·
Registered
120 Posts
i had an AWESOME ride today...UNTIL...i was parking my bike and instead of backing it into a spot i park in, i decided to do a U-turn, needless to say i had speed down and leaned bike a bit too much and it began to fall, i tried to catch it and did, but the bike was in first and i didnt want to rev it or let go of clutch so i ended up SETTING my bike on the ground

after placing the bike down i turned the key off (so as to not grap the handle bar and gun the engine) and had to lift it back up, i just topped the tank off w/ gas so it was heavy as fook to lift, but i did it on my 2nd try(im only 140lbs, soaking wet, was definitely surprised how hard it was to lift).

thank god i had FRAME SLIDERS on my bike, i was leary about whether or not they would protect my bike(they seem to not stick out far enough at all) but there were NO SCRATCHES on my fairing and the frame slider took no damage as well (my right front turn signal touched the ground, but did not scratch at all because it is like on a spring or something)

basically i "set" my bike down (i was trying my damnest to hold it up, but i couldn't cause i was only standing on one leg when i tried to catch it)

only damage done was too my ego (i looked around, at least no one saw)

i really didn't want to drop it ever, having been told 1,000 times that I WOULD drop it eventually, but now that ive dropped it i can feel satisfied that no real damage will happen to my bike if i do it in the future.

needless to say im gonna go to a parking lot and work on doing figure eights like you have to do at the MSF class

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.