Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i noticed the other day, that if im in a turn and i come off the throttle, the bike will wobble. it mainly feels like the rear end. (yes i know some of you are saying "well what are u laying off the throttle for") it just happens some times, like if i realise im going a little too fast and needa chill. anyone else experience this? i never really noticed till one night when i noticed the light from my headlight would shift directions (from the wobble)

·
Registered
688 Posts
Its a long shot but try checking the adjustment on your front susp. Both comp. & rebound. Mine was adjusted unevenly once and kinda the same thing happened when your weight is forced for a spit second down to the front of the bike. Dont hurt to check..

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
mine does it from running low air preasure in the rear tire. and i need to reset my suspension again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
ike if i realise im going a little too fast and needa chill.
If you find that your going into a corner too hot, or you find that it tightens up the best thing you can do is to twist the throttle a little bit more, (going faster will tighten you line) and nudge the inside bar. difficult to get to grips with but will help you become smoother in your riding.
The wobble is because of sudden weight distribution. When you turn into the corner the suspension should be settled with 60% of your weight over the rear tyre, and 40% over the front as you accelerate through the apex. if you ease off the gas mid corner, engine braking will transfer most of your bodyweight over the front tyre causing it to squirm as it tries to grip, turn the bike and deal with the extra weight, and your rear tyre to lift making it 'go light', causing the wobbling, if you were to gas it at this point you also run the risk of highsiding as the rear would just spin up. hope this helps.

·
Registered
683 Posts
All good info listed above. I'd start with the tire pressure first, then go over the advice listed by others.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
when you say wobble what exactly do you mean, there are alot of possibilities for that, one could be headshake, another could just be the abrupt closing of the throttle (great way to highside btw ;) ) if i go in a corner too hot i trail brake just a LITTLE BIT (takes a bit to get good at it) but usually i can just move my butt of the seat & dig in & it will correct itself, the wobble your talking about could just be poor body position w/ the combination of letting the throttle close

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Could also be you putting too much weight on the front causing tank slapper.

·
Registered
254 Posts
its not the bike, its you. dont snap the throttle shut, if anything just roll off it slow. bikes are made to be powered through corners to plant the rear tire. if not accelerating, have throttle in same spot (called "maintinence throttle").
you might want to try slow entry and fast exit
also you would be surprised how fast u can corner if you learn correct body positioning. after a while you will be saying "i should have applied throttle sooner"

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
its not the bike, its you. dont snap the throttle shut, if anything just roll off it slow. bikes are made to be powered through corners to plant the rear tire. if not accelerating, have throttle in same spot (called "maintinence throttle").
you might want to try slow entry and fast exit
also you would be surprised how fast u can corner if you learn correct body positioning. after a while you will be saying "i should have applied throttle sooner"
that was my thought also as i stated, & esp if he's got a gearing change or anything on the 636 it makes them even more snappy once you close the throttle

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
pull a tiny bit of front brake too, that can help straighten up the line, as long as you're not fully cocked over, it shouldn't cause the front to tuck. Increasing gas will pull you wider and you have to initiate more lean angle to make the turn.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts