Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lapped the heads and put the everything back together...bike won't start. Only adjustment I made was to to tighten the play in the throttle.

I checked for spark which is present.
I tested the pet cock and it works properly.
I checked the diaphragms and seam to be working properly
Floats appear to be working.
jets are not clogged.
If I blow into the fuel line it sends some gas out of the jets and the bike will start and run for abour 1 second.

Any ideas why my bike won't start?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyhow, I did a compression test and got 160 psi and rechecked the timing which is correct. Just got the carbs out and apart. Now to clean and reassemble.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did a full overhaul of the carbs. Bike will start only with choke on and only piston #1 fires. It will start, revs up fast and then dies. If I play with the throttle I can get it to run but only piston #1 fires, idles at 1000 rpm and will not go over 4000 rpm with the throttle part way and dies with the throttle fully open. When I pulled the spark plug for piston #2 it was black and wet with gas. I replaced it with a new one. Same symptoms and after pulling the new park plug it is wet also but not black. Any ideas?

·
Registered
297 Posts
I did a full overhaul of the carbs. Bike will start only with choke on and only piston #1 fires. It will start, revs up fast and then dies. If I play with the throttle I can get it to run but only piston #1 fires, idles at 1000 rpm and will not go over 4000 rpm with the throttle part way and dies with the throttle fully open. When I pulled the spark plug for piston #2 it was black and wet with gas. I replaced it with a new one. Same symptoms and after pulling the new park plug it is wet also but not black. Any ideas?
Swap coils, see if the problem follows.

Check air.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts