Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so a couple years ago I was rushing to put her back together. I accidentally touched the underside of the tank (fuel pump) to the positive side of the battery terminal. Mind you everything was running before this. Now the bike just wont start. It turns over and seems to prime. Below are some pictures of the burnt wiring. How would you guys suggest I fix this? I cant find a whole wiring harness that is relatively cheap. I was thinking soldering and getting new pig tails. Now the mess of wiring is from the previous owner I have not until now touched the wiring harness.

Oh this is on a '06 636 btw

https://imgur.com/a/buUZv

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Wow. Personally I think I would eat the cost and just get a new wiring harness if the bike is in otherwise good condition.

Perfectly acceptable to rewire it with new pigtails too, but much more time consuming. Depends on what your time is worth/how fast you want it fixed.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow. Personally I think I would eat the cost and just get a new wiring harness if the bike is in otherwise good condition.

Perfectly acceptable to rewire it with new pigtails too, but much more time consuming. Depends on what your time is worth/how fast you want it fixed.

Best of luck.

Yeah buying the wiring harness is on the table for sure. I think I can re-wire decently fast couple snips here and there. I will most likely try that first then if that fails Im out $25 bucks then just buy the harness.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts