Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I just finished installing a Power Commander V in my '14 Ninja 650. I put everything back together and now I can't get it to start. When I turn the key, I hear the fuel injectors turn on as normal, then when I go to start it, it will turn, turn, turn, then BANG! Out of the exhaust, and go back to turning without starting. I also hear slight puffs of air coming from under my gas tank but I'm not sure if it's normal since I've never turned my engine this long before. I'm not quite sure how to disconnect the PCV without going and rewiring the entire bike, and please keep language simple since I'm on the new side. Any help or advice would be great. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I hate to say it, but you need to go back and check all of your connections. Make sure you plugged everything in all the way and check that you didn't plug the injectors in backwards or something silly like that.

Also, the PCV is supposed to come with the base map already on it, but did you double check that it was setup properly before installing?

These are the only things I can think of; fortunately when I installed mine last week, it fired right up again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey redhead thanks for the suggestions!
So I've recharged my battery, changed my spark plugs, and removed/reinstalled the air box and gas tank about a thousand times since installing the PCV. Same thing with turning, turning, turning, and a loud POP. I'll have to go back and check all of the other connections. When I have it apart I'd appreciate any other suggestions you guys can think up. Regarding the setup of the PCV, I just downloaded the map, opened it, and sent it, that was all I did, that's all, right?
Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I've got it back and running. I feel silly after spending over $100 to fix it, but I failed to notice the little '1' flag on the injector wire, and the embedded 1 and 2 with arrows showing which plug goes where. She's back and running, and although it was so basic, redhead you were right - double check the wires should be the first step!! Cheers guys

·
Registered
18 Posts
Jrsoares5, I am glad you found the fix. My advice speaks from experience; no matter if you double/triple check, sometimes you still miss something. Glad it wasn't something major! Enjoy and ride safe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts