Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting from the beginning: Bought the bike with a blown engine. I replaced the engine with a different one that was running. Tired to fire it up and realized that the fuel pump wasn't coming on. Checked the relay(from another wire harness that came with the other engine) and still won't come on. Hooked the battery straight to the pump, and it spewed out gas. Dug into the wiring harness, and couldn't find a source of the problem, so I swapped out wiring harnesses. Now the bike turns over a couple of times, and stops. Not sure if the fuel pump is coming on or not. WHat the hell am I missing. I am so sick of working on this bike! I'm dying to ride again, but am really frustrated. I figure there is a ground or something that I'm missing.. Also 2 wires were cut from the left side clip one with the choke. THis might have something to do with the fuel pump problem, but don't think so....PLEASE HELP ![V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V]

·
Registered
597 Posts
If think your problem is the pump. You must open it.
In there ,they are some contacts. Clean them.(this contacts switch
the pump off when the carbs are full)
I had a problem with my bike a few year ago, the pump wasn't runing because of that . After I cleaned the contacts ,everything works fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.