Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently my dad was working in the garage so i moved my bike outside. it rained 2 days in a row and the cover had blown off and the bike started then the idle dropped after a few mins then shut off and wont start back up..so i drained the gas and i replaced the plugs figuring they had fouled, and the battery is fine but yet it wont start..any suggestions?

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
Does it turn over/ try to start. Put some RXP in the Tank from an Auto parts store. There is probably water in the fuel pump but RXP should take care of it. You may gave to disconnect the fuel line and flush it out by putting the end into a container and turning on the ignition. The pump will run for 3 seconds and shut off. Then connect the line back up and try starting it. Might want to buy some starting fluid while you're at the Auto parts store and spray a little in the ram air inlet.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i did check all fuses, and i did disconnect the fuel line and turned the key so gas would flush out..yes it does turn over and try to start and now i'm at a standstill because i dont really know what else it could be

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
Trust me; get some RXP, put it in the tank with some good gas, shake it up to mix and try starting the bike with some starting fluid. Also make sure you have a fully charged battery. If it runs momentarily with the starting fluid, then it's definitely a fuel supply or quality problem. RXP only costs $7 and it's good for the fuel system. It's a great combustion chamber de-carbonizer too.

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
you drained the tank, but did you get the water that might be in the fuel rail and injectors out?

any codes? got spark?

just a thought..

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RXP worked, i put it in and about 15 min later i tried startin it and it fired right up..thanks user

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hopefully you guys can help me. I stored my bike for the winter used stabil in gas, had battery on trickle. I tried to start my bike and it wouldn't start. I opened it up and the looked at everything and saw that the injectoers aren't spraying. I checked the fuel pump and it shoots gas out so I know it's pumping and ideas. Thanks

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
Did you run the bike after adding StaBil to your tank? If not, the stabil is onl in your tank & pump maybe. The fuel at the injectors could be stale or gelled. Try cleaning your injectors with carb/ throttle body cleaner. Another thing you can do is drain the fuel from the lines to the injectors and spray carb/ thrttle body cleaner into the lines, re-connect them and try starting the bike. Before you do that, add RXP to the tank just incase there is water condensation at the bottom.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts