Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night my bike developed an odd problem. It won't start when it is warm. The starter keeps going but the bike won't turn over. I have a power commander but I've had the power commander for a while and I never had that problem.

The only thing that is different between now and last week is that Friday night, The bike fell on it's left side. The fall was so mild that nothing is even scratched up. Right after the fall when I tried to start it, the FI light was blinking but I turned the key off a couple of times and eventually it started.

The bike seems to start fine when it is cold, idles fine, sounds fine (all cylinders firing), has no loss of power when going, does not smell like unburned gas, the fuel pump primes fine when I turn the key, and there is plenty of gas. The bike also just had it's 4K miles service (that happened before the tip over) and went fine.

When I have some time, I am planning on testing the bike with the PC unplugged but I don't think it is the problem since I've had it for a while and it never had a problem until now.

Any help or suggestions would help? Thanx

·
Registered
277 Posts
Mine did that too for a while then it would just start shutting off when I was riding. Turned out to be my CDI. Hope you have better luck than I do.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by the_gooey_1
Mine did that too for a while then it would just start shutting off when I was riding. Turned out to be my CDI. Hope you have better luck than I do.
Sorry for my ignorance but what is the CDI? What was involved in fixing your problem?

·
Powerhungry
38,157 Posts
ive read that the pc3's dont like any kinda of shock.(getting bumped) is it possible it moved inside and bounced off something?
unplug it like u plan. if it goes away..ur pc is prob toast. they seem to be very fragile.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by nevada
ive read that the pc3's dont like any kinda of shock.(getting bumped) is it possible it moved inside and bounced off something?
unplug it like u plan. if it goes away..ur pc is prob toast. they seem to be very fragile.
I am not saying that you are not correct, but this seems a bit unbelievable, especially consindering where DynoJet recommends installing the PC.

The PC would be toast if it gets a physical shock??!! If that is the case, then DynoJet will be fullfiling alot of returns.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Dynojet DOES do alot of retutns. I haven't had a problem with mine yet but 2 guys i ride with have had theirs crap out. Not saying that is the problem. The CDI is otherwise known as the ECU, or "computer". It's under the rear section behind the exhaust servo. These things are kind of a tight fit in there and the wires are a bit jammed so you might want to check them out and make sure all the pins are ok too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.