Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i took my fairings and gastank off to be painted..also unplugged my stator so i cld paint the cover. i plugged stator and gas tank back up, and now the bike doesnt start. battery is good, i even charged it since bike hasnt been started in about 3 weeks. after battery was fully charged i still only get a clicking sound. ive included a video of this all...notice how the dash lights go in and out? i was told it cld be a bad startor or stator...any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this? im not mechanically sound when it comes to motorcycles..but can follow basic directions...

·
Registered
132 Posts
First thing I would do is put a Meter across the Battery and see what readings you get with:-
1) Ignition on only
Then
2) Pressing the starter button
If you think the Stator is the cause you can unplug it without any ill effect to the electrical system for diagnosis, The Bike will start and run with it disconnected but only for a short time.
If it's still the same then that's one component off the table.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Depends on Battery charge, Condition and load applied by the Bikes Electrics but I'd expect from a good fully charged Battery with the Ignition on to be around 12.5v dc but the reading I'm interested in is when you press the start button and the Dash lights go out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts