Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode over to my buddies to clean and adjust my chain and when i got ready to leave i started the bike and i had to tell tell him something so i shut it off (jardine exhaust is loud) and when i went to start it up again i got nothing. it cranked and everything but would not start. Finally right before i was going to pop start it to get home i tried again and it fired up. Any thoughts? Oh, and yes my kick stand was up.

·
Powerhungry
38,205 Posts
you shut it off with the kill switch right? but the key was still on?

that drained the battery just enough, cranked over, but not fast enough to start.
then, after letting it sit, with the key off, the battery regained a bit of charge, and it was able to start up.

put it in a trickle charger, as it will still be low.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea used the kill switch and it was off less then 15 seconds, it wouldnt of drained it that fast. it was cranking like normal. i have no idea what happened. Ive left the key on for a couple mins before and it would always start up. i got home and turned it off and let it sit then started it and it started fine

·
Powerhungry
38,205 Posts
Yea used the kill switch and it was off less then 15 seconds, it wouldnt of drained it that fast. it was cranking like normal. i have no idea what happened. Ive left the key on for a couple mins before and it would always start up. i got home and turned it off and let it sit then started it and it started fine
like i said. put it on a trickle charger to charge it up.
your battery may already be toast, but its for sure not 100% charged right now.

a couple minutes is enough to drain these batteries. and riding wont fully
recharge it.
so all those times you were doing that, it wasnt getting recharged fully/correctly.

charger. get one. low amp, or a battery tender.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gotcha. Thanks man!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts