Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taken from the Gaurdian if ya bored read on A biker was jailed yesterday after being caught riding at 157mph, the fastest speed ever recorded by by police on a british road. Andrew Osborne was clocked by a speed gun over taking a lorry on his ZX12 followed by his buddy who was clocked at 148mph on his ZXR750 both have been jailed for 28 days What tha? jailed? they werent drink drivin and it was on a freeway how the fuck they get caught?[xx(]

·
Registered
215 Posts
I read something about that just when it happened. It was a photo radar camera that caught them. One of those unmanned ones that just sits there and takes pictures of your plate as you drive by, then they send you a ticket in the mail.

In the newspaper in winnipeg we just had a photo of some kids that where riding on top of their car, going 120km/h through a red light. They would have got busted pretty bad but the flash on the radar camera malfunctioned and the plate wasn't bright enought to read.

·
Registered
66 Posts
148 huh, cops better be glad they were only in third gear or they would have got away

i refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death

·
Registered
39 Posts
well the real story in the newspaper over here was:

andrew osborne and his partner (can't rememeber his name) was jailed yesterday after being caught bye a speed cam at 157mph, both bikes zx12r and zxr750 well able to get to 200mph.

thats what part of the story said, i mean a zxr750 hitting 200mph i don't think soooooo.
the newspaper people do come out with some shit sometimes.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Originally posted by Bikerboy1

andrew osborne and his partner (can't rememeber his name) was jailed yesterday after being caught bye a speed cam at 157mph, both bikes zx12r and zxr750 well able to get to 200mph.

thats what part of the story said, i mean a zxr750 hitting 200mph i don't think soooooo.
haha

Gotta love those newspaper columnists. Neither the 750 nor the 12 can reach 200 unless there is some major stuff done to them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

In the paper that actually got a photo of him on the zx12r from the back his slightly leaning aswell with radar reading 157mph and it says he sold his bike and rides a pushbike now kinda fcked up though

·
Registered
321 Posts
How the hell and why the hell would a journalist really care for the make and model of the bike? Since when do they know the difference from a ZX7R to a 1988 suzuki intruder. Thats like "chris was stopped and arrested upon arrival when he was caught racing a 83 trans am in his red nissan 240SX equipped with bomex body kit and what appeared to be 17 inch wheels, we were unsure although it looks as though he has an SR20DET swap. The perp was taken into custody and arrained on charges of reckless driving and defelmation of the mullet character." How the hell do they know? I'm not saying I dont believe you but, journalists are drama queens, they dont care for mundane details.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by varneyc

How the hell and why the hell would a journalist really care for the make and model of the bike? Since when do they know the difference from a ZX7R to a 1988 suzuki intruder. Thats like "chris was stopped and arrested upon arrival when he was caught racing a 83 trans am in his red nissan 240SX equipped with bomex body kit and what appeared to be 17 inch wheels, we were unsure although it looks as though he has an SR20DET swap. The perp was taken into custody and arrained on charges of reckless driving and defelmation of the mullet character." How the hell do they know? I'm not saying I dont believe you but, journalists are drama queens, they dont care for mundane details. In the paper it had a kawasaki 1200cc and a kwasaki 750cc but there was the photo of the zx12r

·
Registered
321 Posts
I stand corrected, I just hate the newspapers when it comes to that. I was pulled over and ticketed once and the paper said I was stopped and arrested. Now I know a ticket is a form of arrest however, to your average law abiding(spelling?) citizen arrest means handcuffs and prints. After that I lost all respect for the "currents" section of the paper. I'll jsut stick to the classifieds:)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know what ya mean most people in general are ignorant when it comes to bikes all they know is either a harley or ducati and maybe the almighty NINJA but theyll tell you all bikes look the same.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.