Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-bellwood-reckless-homicide-web-aug01,0,4883393.story

Prosecutor: Bellwood man ran over and killed biker to avoid accident report

He faces 14 years if convicted of reckless homicide

By Art Barnum | Chicago Tribune reporter 11:35 AM CDT, July 31, 2008 A Bellwood man deliberately ran over and killed a motorcyclist in an attempt to avoid filing a police accident report, authorities said Thursday.

Frederick Griffin, 29, rear-ended Frank MacNaught's motorcycle in west suburban Addison on Sunday evening, said Assistant DuPage County State's Atty. Brook Locke.

McNaught, 33, of Lombard, attempted to get Griffin to stop and wait for police so that a report could be filed. "Because he [Griffin] has a lengthy police record, he decided not to stop," Locke said.

After Griffin pulled away, MacNaught followed him to a nearby intersection, where he pulled in front of Griffin's vehicle and pulled off the license plate, Locke said.

Griffin drove away again, eventually pulling his 1995 Ford Explorer into a driveway in the 800 block of Iowa Avenue in Addison, where he was again confronted by MacNaught, who wanted a police report made.

"He [Griffin] threw the car into reverse, running over the victim, who died a short time later of a skull fracture and blood lost," Locke said.

Judge Elizabeth Sexton set Griffin's bond at $750,000 Thursday morning on a charge of reckless homicide. Griffin, 29, of the 500 block of Geneva Avenue, Bellwood, was arrested Tuesday. If convicted, he faces up to 14 years in prison.

Locke said Griffin has numerous arrests and convictions on his record for driving while his license was revoked or suspended and that he has served prison time twice for retail theft.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's the problem, people always get away with shit they do. People hate cops all they want, but they don't make laws or prosecute. A turd like that should not have been out there to begin with. Watch he will be out in half the time on "good" behvior and as a changed man :/.

·
Kawi for Life!
1,610 Posts
In CA we have that three strikes law which I fully support... carrer criminals need to be put away for life. such a drain on society!

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
what a piece of shit!

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
In CA we have that three strikes law which I fully support... carrer criminals need to be put away for life. such a drain on society!

fuck that! if you put them in prison for life, you're going to have to pay for their 3 meals a day forever. is Cali a death sentence state?

·
Banned
1,899 Posts
I would like to do a burn out on his skull...

What a fucking douche....slammin it in the reverse on purpose to kill....

This guy got issues..:mad::mad::mad:

·
Kawi for Life!
1,610 Posts
yes it is... but with appelas it cost more money to sentence someone to death then to give them life in prison.

·
Premium Member
14,851 Posts
Also sadly the biker should have called 911, esp since he obtained the plate. The guy did stand up for what is right, and sadly paid for it. RIP.
:plusone:

Why the hell would he continue to pursue the issue to the guy's house? I would have at the MOST stopped on his block, called the police and then ID the driver when they bring him out. Especially since he had the dude's plate.

·
Banned
1,899 Posts

Why the hell would he continue to pursue the issue to the guy's house? I would have at the MOST stopped on his block, called the police and then ID the driver when they bring him out. Especially since he had the dude's plate.

What if it was stolen or fake plate? Considering he's a criminal, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

·
Premium Member
14,851 Posts
What if it was stolen or fake plate? Considering he's a criminal, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was.
That is why I say follow him onto his block, no need to confront him in his driveway...just call the police!

·
Banned
1,899 Posts
Either way, it's sad! :(

I just wish he don't get 14 years, but a death sentence instead.

Saves our tax money.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
yes it is... but with appelas it cost more money to sentence someone to death then to give them life in prison.

and i like to think that life in prison does more good then the death sentence, i think the death sentence the easy way out. let them rot in prison thinking about what they did and how worthless they are and live the rest of their life in fear of getting assraped every night

·
Banned
1,899 Posts
Damn, both punishment has it's pros and cons...

Our justice system is FLAWED! I wish our prison system is like the Gulag, for the murderers, and the twisted. That way, we dont pay too much of money for the dirty people. I don't believe in giving another chance for murderers...Since they took a life away of other, how unfair is that...

Ok ok ill stop, and not to thread jack. lol Back to the topic.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

You sure? Check up on Edwin Ramos... Not to mention numerous others :/.

I agree with Slob, but I doubt the focker would drive home. As with most criminals, I bet he would run to his moms house :Laughing rolling:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts