Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This situation happens to me a lot.

Say you're coming to a stop at a light and there is a bike already at the light in the center portion of the lane as he should be.

Do I:

A: Pull up behind him

B: Pull up beside him, and if so, on which side. And then when the light turns green, do I let him take off first or we both go at the same time?

C: If there is an open lane next to him, stop there?

I usually pull up to the left side of him sharing the lane. Since he was there first, I let him take off first.

·
Pursebully
38,848 Posts
I pull up to the curb side of him, in staggered formation, about a bike length back. I stay in that formation until the opportunity presents itself, then I pass his ass (on the left, of course).

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Pull up on the right so you can tap his kill switch when the light changes to green.
i only do that to my friends.

if i see a stranger on the road and they are stopped in the middle of the lane i just pull up to either side but stay behind them. if they pull to one side or the other i will pull up next to them and whoever gets the hole shot goes first.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I treat a bike like any other motor vehicle on the road. I stop behind it far enough so the entire rear wheel is visable. Being too friendly in traffic situations can get you in trouble. Then you can both be taken out by a car coming up on your backside while you're busy admiring each other's rides.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Reactions: CSVT

·
Registered
692 Posts

·
Moderhater
62,425 Posts
Pull up on the right so you can tap his kill switch when the light changes to green.

:Laughing rolling::Laughing rolling::Laughing rolling::Laughing rolling:
That's a dick move right there. :D

--David

yeah it is..im going to try that this weekend on Brit, Jester, KSE, or Tim..
dude that is hialrious. ive gatta do that:D
LOL im going too...
pull upwind, fart, tap the kill switch, then get the hole shot! ;)
might try and tap the switch and then in one smooth motion go for the key and turn it off and take or at least turn it off.:Laughing rolling:

·
Registered
100 Posts
I go to school with a guy (MMI) who had his buddy pull up next to him at a light, and rather than hit the kill switch, he grabbed the key and accidently broke it off in the ignition! That was a $100 dick move right there!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts

Say you're coming to a stop at a light and there is a bike already at the light in the center portion of the lane as he should be.

Do I:

B: Pull up beside him, and if so, on which side. And then when the light turns green, do I let him take off first or we both go at the same time?

I usually pull up to the left side of him sharing the lane. Since he was there first, I let him take off first.
Um, Didn't you know that the center portion of the lane is the worst palce to be, especially at a light? That's where all the POS cages sit and drip their oil and coolant and tranny fluid.

Unless it's a friend (or you're trying to race), never pull up beside another rider at a light. Stop at least a bike length back and staggered (to either side, doesn't matter).

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Um, Didn't you know that the center portion of the lane is the worst palce to be, especially at a light? That's where all the POS cages sit and drip their oil and coolant and tranny fluid.

Unless it's a friend (or you're trying to race), never pull up beside another rider at a light. Stop at least a bike length back and staggered (to either side, doesn't matter).
When it's dry the center is just fine. Traffic and situation determine best spot to stop at.

As far as the original question, never pull up alongside another rider, in their lane, unless they acknowledge you and wave you up. As for which side depends on which side they are already occupying, if they are on the left you can go right and vice-versa. As for taking an empty lane next to them it's perfectly fine to do so. If you don't pull up to be alongside and decide to stay in the same lane position yourself so that your in a staggered formation with them instead of directly behind them.

Of course first come first serve so if they were there first they go first, assuming you two are sharing one lane.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts

Do I:

no man, dumbass should not be in the center of the lane. thats where cages drip oil. therefore, if dumbass is in the center of the lane, stay behind him to the left or right of the lane.

besides, you should ride left or right of the lane, not center. doesn't matter if it's dry or not. if a biker comes up behind you and your riding to one side, that allows him to use the other side of the lane.

btw, i didn't read other post, so sorry if it's been said already

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
if the biker is on the left or right side of the land LIKE THEY SHOULD BE, then I pull up next to them on the opposite side. If they are in the center LIKE THEY SHOULD NOT BE, then i stay behinf them and let them do their thing, and then pass them as soon as I can.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts