Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
that shit gives all of us a bad name. specially the guy that said that he'll run away from the cop if they try to catch him.. i think its pretty stupid if you try to run away from the cop, if you three options 1 get a ticket or maybe go to jail 2 get away 3 kill yourself or some one self.. . happy thanks givign to everyone

·
Registered
446 Posts
I've never seen someone stutter on a forum before. It's the usuall "I'm a badass because I have a bike" that paints a bad picture for all us good guys.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Propaganda? ...Only takes one to wreck it for everyone... A special thanks goes out to all those assholes that love to stunt on busy public streets and put innocent citizens at risk!! [:M120]
[:M59]

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
There is way too much negative publicity towards sportbikes. My friends and I have been pulled over just for being on them here. No reason, just the fact that we're on sportbikes. It's sad, but cops see this sh*t and then try to bust us for any little thing. Sad sad sad [V].

·
Registered
305 Posts
I think right now where lucky the governement hasn't made more restrictions on bikes in terms of speed limiting, etc. I mean seriously with all the fuck mooks out there getting themselves killed, or killing there passengers, or running from the cops.. Im surprised they haven't gotten involved.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
ok. to fuck around on a road were no traffic I understand. but on freeways and lots of traffic that's stupid. don't get me wrong I stunt. but it in back roads and parking lots. dang wipper snapers with the pocket rockets[:eek:)]. just becareful when you do shit like that.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I am a full time cop and I take a GREAT pleasure in ticketing the hell out of squids!

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Yeah, there is a ton of negative press out there that involves us, but can you blame them for reporting what they get on video? I do blame them for only covering the "I am a squid without a brain who wants to die" stories and not the "I am a sensible rider who rides for the sole enjoyment of riding" stories. There are far more stories of the latter, but those don't rate as well as the first. But, if there weren't morons like that out there for the news to report in the first place, then we wouldn't have to worry about any of this being covered on television. It is the fault of the senseless squids out there that have no regard for the law or life itself. I think that in and of itself should be grounds to throw someone in jail, or better yet, a mental ward. People that stupid have no place in society.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Hey you could see me in that video!

Haha, I'm just joking. Well you have to look at it from the point of view which is more interesting to people. The guilty or the innocent, the action or the yawning?

If I went up there and I said "I don't stunt on my bike and I don't endanger other people. I ride because I love my bike, I love the feeling it gives me, I love the way I'm free from everyone and all the worries of the world when I'm on it and I love going to the track and taking corners and speeding on the track, not on the street" you think they'd put that on there? No way they would. (some of that is a lie BTW). :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yunno, I personally feel like guys like yourself are part of the problem, but I must admit, you do seem like a nice guy. Its hard to be angry at someone who has a sense of humour about themselves.

Originally posted by beezer

Haha, I'm just joking. Well you have to look at it from the point of view which is more interesting to people. The guilty or the innocent, the action or the yawning?

If I went up there and I said "I don't stunt on my bike and I don't endanger other people. I ride because I love my bike, I love the feeling it gives me, I love the way I'm free from everyone and all the worries of the world when I'm on it and I love going to the track and taking corners and speeding on the track, not on the street" you think they'd put that on there? No way they would. (some of that is a lie BTW). :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Originally posted by The Hypnotoad

Yunno, I personally feel like guys like yourself are part of the problem, but I must admit, you do seem like a nice guy. Its hard to be angry at someone who has a sense of humour about themselves.

Originally posted by beezer

how is beezer a part of the problem?

but for the most part I agree with him. You really think they're going to do a news special about the good riders. Hell, no. News isn't really news anymore, it's just another form of entertainment.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hypnotoad is just like every other ignorant person out looking to place blame where it doesn't belong. You know, like the media blaming movies or music. To them, bikers are bikers. Bikers are trouble makers. It's called PROFILING. We all know that sex and death sells, so that's what the news is going to show so they can keep their ratings up.
"Its hard to be angry at someone who has a sense of humour about themselves." No, it's easy to be angry at the enemy cause that's what you sound like. P.S. What the [email protected]#k is a Hypnotoad anyways?

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I was just joking man. Relax, I'm not going to lie. I do stunt, I do speed. I wear my protective gear when I do and I don't endanger anyone else when I do it. If you look at any of our videos you'll see that we stunt on side roads and in parking lots.

I think they're showing this so they enlighten all parents on how crazy bikers and bike can be so they restrict their kids from riding and so they make it harder for us to ride.

·
Registered
67 Posts
.. never mind, its not worth it. Keep this in mind. You can trash me all you want.

But I'm the guy who volunteers time to work directly with the police, and working booths at local events and shows etc, attempting to reverse stereotypes of sportbike riders.

It seems asinine to me that responsible riders get jumped on when critical of those on this board that portray a negative image of our sport.

This will be my last post on this board. Best of luck to all.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey, I'm sorry for my previous post but I too hate to see responsible riders, that stunt, get put in the same category as the dumbasses you see on the news. Not everybody that stunts is irresonsible. I don't stunt, mainly because I don't want to. But I respect those that can. I prefer speed. To have someone on this board say that just because someone stunts, they are part of the problem, is wrong. That's being narrow minded. And Hypnotoad, you can't say something like that and then walk away because someone disagrees with you. Back it up. Explain to me your point of view. I still want to know what a hypnotoad is.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
No one here agreed to this whole thing as being a good thing. Everyone on here said that those guys are stupid and that they give us all a bad name.

Why are we not on the same level, you and I? I just don't get it. I simply said that the news will take the action and idiocy over the normal driving anyday of the week. It's what gets more ratings, and it's what gets more money :D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.