Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was just surfing around the forum the other day and stumbled across a picture of an 06 special edition but instead of titanium it was black, i liked the look of it but was unable to find any other mentions of it in the forum. Did someone paint theirs black and replace the graphics or just put the graphics on a black 06? just curious, thanks for any info

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have an SE, but I scratched it up a bit.. too embarassed to explain..

but I'm painting it a real nice gloss black, I expect it to look real sharp with the red rims.. I'll post up when it's finished. [8D]

·
Registered
276 Posts
Originally posted by adunski
I have an SE, but I scratched it up a bit.. too embarassed to explain..

but I'm painting it a real nice gloss black, I expect it to look real sharp with the red rims.. I'll post up when it's finished. [8D]
you should paint the wheels to match!

then would like a black 06 but with all that silver instead of gold.

·
Registered
338 Posts
that was me.. those are my plans for next summer. get the best of both worlds, black and still keep the red rims with the tribal red stickers. cost me quite a bit too. stickers are expensive from what Kawasaki told me. about $300-$500 total. and paint should cost around $400.. plus its sexxy!!!

"Just another way for me to be different from the rest"

glad you like it..:D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys, i love the look too, definately thining of doing it to my SE, i think the red rims will look good just because it matches teh red decals. Sim you gotta post a pic of your finished bike, definately want to see that. this may be a stupid question but can you take teh decals off and put them back on? i don't think so but might as well ask.

·
Registered
306 Posts
looks good im not into tribal and flames but on the black it dont look tobad looks like the 03 or 04 r6 style black with the red flames so when u see the r6 u can get a good idea what it might look like

·
Registered
338 Posts
SwordMstr23- will do, already saving up for it.. just waiting until it starts raining to do it.. since i am still riding my bike.

Hoser- that i would have to look for. the guy who is painting my bike might know..

I am actually thinking of looking for a different tribal flame. kinda like the 06 CBR- the orange and black, it grew on me..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cool, can't wait to see the finished product, and if you do happen to find a place that will supply the decals for cheaper, please let me know. thanks

·
Registered
338 Posts
Kawi probably should have made the SE in 2 color options, either black with red tribal or titanium with red tribal.. [:eek:)]

·
Registered
308 Posts
Why don't you just get the flames painted on, instead of vinyl, since you are getting it painted anyways.

Or do you want the option of removing the stickers?

·
Registered
338 Posts
well i also thought about that. but the stickers have that red metallic/glittery shine to it.. i dont know if its going to cost more to paint it.. but ill inquire.

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
A shop by my house took a SE 636 and removed the decals, then painted the whole thing 7-coat BMW gloss black and airbrushed in real looking flames (actually looks very realistic, the right orange/red fading and stuff...) with a whole lot of clear over it, and the red wheels...it looks really nice.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.