Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a few of you are aware i will be purchasing my first 636 very shortly.

Now i have seen a few 636's on here with a black arse.

( hope the owners dont mind me posting these pics )

Now im not sure if its just me but i think they look better than full colours, my question is what colour would it need to be would it need to be matt black as to match the lower fairing ?

Also what are your views on em.

Andy

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
It's whatever you wanna do mang. If you want it to match the lower exactly, the easiest way would be to have both painted together...

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
U guys just wish u had black bikes cuz u know there the fastest ;)
I like the black but...i dno, doesnt really do its figure justice;)

·
Registered
317 Posts
i started with painting the bottom, then went on to the same scheme as the pics.
finally i painted it all flat black, and now i love it...

but it does look alot better like that, rather than just the bottom

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^ The sex, i stand so FCUKING corrected. Hott z dude !

Reactions: speeddeemn

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
once you go black you never go back to black lol
trying to keep that clean is a mofo

but yes i like the look of just the tail black, it also makes our tails look smaller than they are, some call them pretty fat tails around here...

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just bought a cheap 05 636 rear fairing off ebay, will get it painted black ready for when the bike comes :D

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
to each their own, looks kinda rigged if you ask me w/ the tail painted, like you wrecked it & didn't quite have the money to fix it type deal, my vote paint matched tail w/ the tank ;)

·
Registered
223 Posts
I blacked the tail on my titanium zx6r and went one further...I blacked the upper cowl. I like the look.:cool:

·
Powerhungry
38,369 Posts
i will probably be doing this over the winter.
ive got a spare tail. just need a spare, or a black rear cowl cover.

there was a photoshopped pic on here..a yr or so ago. it looked REALLY good.

altho...i do agree with j_fukin_t, that if its not done right, would look as if it was crashed, and just pieced together. thats whats been holding me back so far.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i will probably be doing this over the winter.
ive got a spare tail. just need a spare, or a black rear cowl cover.

there was a photoshopped pic on here..a yr or so ago. it looked REALLY good.

altho...i do agree with j_fukin_t, that if its not done right, would look as if it was crashed, and just pieced together. thats whats been holding me back so far.

I understand what you mean, like you could only find a black cowel and have decided to stick it on...unless it was colour matched that type of matt black to the lower fairing, same with the cowel cover and zx6r decals back on ;)

·
Registered
370 Posts
ok i decided to go out and get some pictures of it with my cell phone. they aren't the best quality and i know i need to clean my bike. i know my tail is warped to hell and it is also pretty beat up which is why i decided to see how this looked before i painted my new tail.

Attachments

·
Registered
645 Posts
ok i decided to go out and get some pictures of it with my cell phone. they aren't the best quality and i know i need to clean my bike. i know my tail is warped to hell and it is also pretty beat up which is why i decided to see how this looked before i painted my new tail.
thats the way to go right there

1 - 20 of 31 Posts