Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't mean for this to be a racist thread but I can't help but notice all the Hayabusas around here are ridden by black guys. Is it just a Tennessee thing or is it like this everywhere? I'm not saying that all black guys ride busas, or that they don't know how to ride, but if you see a busa around here, theres a 95% the dude is black. Whats the deal?

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
probably because they're the "flashiest" bike on the road.

same reason why a ton of Escalade owners are black

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
It'll be the 14's soon because right now they're the biggest and baddest.. and then when something bigger comes along, they'll trade.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Pa is pretty similar, especially closer to jersey. I don't know that the 14 is gonna take over though. It's not as flashy, and to be honest, wouldn't look all that great chromed out and whatnot. Just my .02

·
Registered
950 Posts
Same in Western PA. Just one of those things I guess. It's not a racist thing, either. It's just a simple demographics thing. Kinda like golf, most of the time you'll see more white males doing it than any other "group". It doesn't mean it's exclusive and you do see other peeps doing it, it just is the way it is.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Same here in Baltimore.
Another trend I have noticed is that all new Jaguars are also driven by African Americans.
Eh... yet another inneficient, badly produced luxury vehicle becomes popular because of a music video.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Originally posted by sgtcarrot
Same here in Baltimore.
Another trend I have noticed is that all new Jaguars are also driven by African Americans.
Eh... yet another inneficient, badly produced luxury vehicle becomes popular because of a music video.
[:+1]

And they ruined basketball. It use to be a simple game before the bling bling.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
omg those shorts...my eyes are bleeding

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
I always wanted to find out you guyses input on this too...I have many black friends, and they all know I am by no means racist, even when making absolutely ridonkulous racist comments.

How come when I was in school, black people walk around in there multi-colored boxers and pajamas, that they call "pants", and throw out "******" and "cracker" " comments like there at battle with the KKK, but the second I ( or any of my fellow "crackers" ), spit out "******" as a joke...they get all upset because I'm a racist mofo ya hear..

All this "my ancestor" crap really gets on my nerves, because this generation all knows, that they don't care about what went on then, untill they get upset and need something to use as a come-back for a joke that they so carelessly partake in themselves.

·
Premium Member
11,912 Posts
I love these threads, not for the racial content, but because true colors come to light. There are plenty of other forums where some of you might feel comfortable perpetuating racial stereotypes, this is not one. This post is hanging from a thread and only because I want to see how many more of you expose your true colors. My favorite line is "I don't mean for this to be a racist thread but" (a variation of the proverbial "I'm not a racist but...").

·
Registered
93 Posts
racism goes both ways. that's for sure. now, back to the busas... the people I know who ride a busa, they have a lot of money, the busa is not the only bike they own, they also have a big suv with spinners and speakers like they want everybody to listen to their music even if they're in a different zip code... oh, did I forgot to mention that they're not black?

'busas are great bikes but I definitely like the 14's much better. 14's look more like a sport bike. 'busas have always seem to me like big katanas ...bikes I don't like at all, they look more like my old school bus.

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Originally posted by iroman
I love these threads, not for the racial content, but because true colors come to light. There are plenty of other forums where some of you might feel comfortable perpetuating racial stereotypes, this is not one. This post is hanging from a thread and only because I want to see how many more of you expose your true colors. My favorite line is "I don't mean for this to be a racist thread but" (a variation of the proverbial "I'm not a racist but...").
I agree with you to a point, but at the same time, there's a very clear cut difference between racism and statistics. Racism are acts and beliefs based on a negative outlook or feeling of superiority, etc...where as statistics ABOUT a group of people are facts. I can say that the majority of people who ride Hayabusa's in my area are african american males the same as I can say the majority of people in Kenya are dark-skinned native africans. It's not a stereotype or accusation or hate-based comment. I could go out and drive around with a clip board if you want and tally up the ethnicities of all the people I see riding Hayabusas...

Now what DOES smell of racism is making that distinction...making a point about how a certain race or ethnicity does a certain thing, or how most people who do something are of a certain ethnicity. While it may be statistics and facts, and the claim may be entirely true, it's not a distinction that anyone would normally care about unless they're also inclined towards the same racial ideas. i.e. yes, it's true that most of the people in my area riding Hayabusas are african american. But what would you be getting at by saying that? What's the point? That distinction in the statement that makes the comment worth mentioning is what COULD be tagged as 'racism'...but in the end I think everyone just needs to relax.

The world has been consumed by racism for tens and hundreds of thousands of years. For as long as sentient history goes back, there have been more wars due to race and ethnicity and creed and belief than there have been for the simple love of power. Everyone alive today is influenced by racism to one degree or another, wether others would consider them a racist or not. We've been bombarded by these racial distinctions for our whole lives by the people who are trying to get rid of them. Harping on equality between races just farther reinforces a distinction in existance between them. There's nothing anyone can do to avoid it, and even polite, accepting, unbiased and completely non-racist people are affected by these distinctions. Which is why I say people need to relax.

Is this thread influenced by racism? Sure. Is it racist itself? Could be, depending on how you see it. No one here is really intending to highlight racism, except maybe Iroman, who turned the spotlight on racism away from Hayabusas and general gixxer hating. Now from what I've read of Iroman's posts, he's the least racist person I know of. But his aggression towards equality only goes to farther emphasize the distincions that cause the problems.

IMO.

[:M86]

·
Premium Member
11,912 Posts
Originally posted by dragknt

I agree with you to a point, but at the same time, there's a very clear cut difference between racism and statistics. Racism are acts and beliefs based on a negative outlook or feeling of superiority, etc...where as statistics ABOUT a group of people are facts. I can say that the majority of people who ride Hayabusa's in my area are african american males the same as I can say the majority of people in Kenya are dark-skinned native africans. It's not a stereotype or accusation or hate-based comment. I could go out and drive around with a clip board if you want and tally up the ethnicities of all the people I see riding Hayabusas...

Now what DOES smell of racism is making that distinction...making a point about how a certain race or ethnicity does a certain thing, or how most people who do something are of a certain ethnicity. While it may be statistics and facts, and the claim may be entirely true, it's not a distinction that anyone would normally care about unless they're also inclined towards the same racial ideas. i.e. yes, it's true that most of the people in my area riding Hayabusas are african american. But what would you be getting at by saying that? What's the point? That distinction in the statement that makes the comment worth mentioning is what COULD be tagged as 'racism'...but in the end I think everyone just needs to relax.

The world has been consumed by racism for tens and hundreds of thousands of years. For as long as sentient history goes back, there have been more wars due to race and ethnicity and creed and belief than there have been for the simple love of power. Everyone alive today is influenced by racism to one degree or another, wether others would consider them a racist or not. We've been bombarded by these racial distinctions for our whole lives by the people who are trying to get rid of them. Harping on equality between races just farther reinforces a distinction in existance between them. There's nothing anyone can do to avoid it, and even polite, accepting, unbiased and completely non-racist people are affected by these distinctions. Which is why I say people need to relax.

Is this thread influenced by racism? Sure. Is it racist itself? Could be, depending on how you see it. No one here is really intending to highlight racism, except maybe Iroman, who turned the spotlight on racism away from Hayabusas and general gixxer hating. Now from what I've read of Iroman's posts, he's the least racist person I know of. But his aggression towards equality only goes to farther emphasize the distincions that cause the problems.

IMO.

I honestly have no clue what you are trying to say. I am speaking from experience as to where these threads usually lead, and it didn't take long before some of the posts made were of a racist nature. This is a Motorcycle forum, not KKK central, it has nothing to do with the history of racism, just has to do with forum policies.

What does the implication that blacks ruined basketball have to do with statistics on blacks riding Hayabusas? Or Trig's post? This was not done as a scientific/statistical poll. Yeah there is a difference between statistics and racism, statistics would include more than one option, probably all races, not just one...

·
Premium Member
11,912 Posts
Originally posted by dragknt
No one here is really intending to highlight racism, except maybe Iroman, who turned the spotlight on racism away from Hayabusas and general gixxer hating.
This one I have to address separately. The only conclusion I can reach from this ill informed comment is that you just have something against me personally because if you read the posts that preceeded mine, you can surely see that other racial stereoptypes that had nothing to do with blacks riding hayabusas were introduced by other members before I made any mention about racism. Please, if you are going to personally attack my character, at least use a valid argument. BTW, general Gixxer hating has nothing to do with this thread whatsoever. How you connect gixxer hating and this thread is an explanation I'd love to hear...

And just for your information, this thread was also reported by another forum moderator just as I was posting because of the potential racism issue. We've had several threads that have started with the same "I'm not a racist, but..." theme and have all turned into an excuse for members to post racial comments under the "I'm not a racist" umbrella. I have no clue how you reached your conclusion, but you couldn't be further away from the truth...

1 - 20 of 218 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.