Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what you guys think my black ZZR would look like with the wheels powdercoated black. Do you think the black or stock silver color would look best? I think I might have them coated this winter, but about half the people I ask think it would look better to just keep the silver wheels. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's all a matter of what you like, afterall it is your bike but I think that your bike would look good with black spokes and leaving the outer portion silver like I did with mine.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is definitely about what I want to do with my bike. I'm just not sure which I like better. I have thought about the two tone look, but leaving the spokes silver, and have the outer rim black. I have been thinking about other colors, but I don't really know what would look good.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I am going to have to disagree with the above posts. I like the silver on the black better, but that's just me. Black wheels will however cover up dirt, brake dust, grease, etc better than the silver. I'm not into the "stealth" look. I like some contrast on bikes...something to break it up,looks like a big blob of one color without it. It's your bike, do what you think looks good! Peace bro! :D

·
Registered
312 Posts
What I was gonna do is paint my rims black, but polish the lip of it. Ill post pics whenever i do it

·
Registered
54 Posts
Black it out man, stealthy bikes go by more un-noticed. Plus it's got the bad-ass quality that more bikes should have. I would love to trade my silver plastics for black ones, or have it painted black. Black on these bike looks bitchin!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Originally posted by wydetire
Black it out man, stealthy bikes go by more un-noticed. Plus it's got the bad-ass quality that more bikes should have. I would love to trade my silver plastics for black ones, or have it painted black. Black on these bike looks bitchin!
[:Agree]

"the bad-ass quality" sums it up nicely IMO.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Chrome costs way more, and takes too long to get back on the bike, but I have thought about it. I'll probably get the black powdercoat. I was just curious how some others felt about it. Hey Trucca, how do you like that Devil pipe. I've been looking at those. How's the sound?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
HEY THE DEVIL SOUNDS GREAT. I WENT DOWN TO THE SHOP SINCE IM ONLY A FEW MILES AWAY HE HOOKED ME UP FOR LIKE 180 BUX. BOLTED IT ON . IMMEDIALTY FELT BETTER THROTTLE RESPONE AND A TEENY BIT OF HP.. THE SOUND IS LOUD A DEEP AROUND 7 RPM MAKES SUCH A CRISP TONE REALLY PISSES PEOPLE OFF. I PUT IN THE K AND N FILTER THE OTHER DAY WITHOUT A JET KIT. SDOSENT SEEM TO RUN ANY DIFFRENT. A FLATSPOT AROUND 5K. ONCE U PUT THE BOLT ON UP THE BIKE WILL RUN A TAD WARMER I HIGHLY RECOMENED IT. PLUS THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS GREAT. ONLY PROBLEM WITH MINE IS I SCRATCHED IT UP A LIL BIT FROM SLIDING THE COLLAR ON ARGGG HERES A VIDEO CLIP OF WHAT MY BIKE SOUNDS LIKE http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y1...rrent=MVI_2580.flv&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch13

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, that pipe sounds real nice. The Muzzy on your buddy's 6R sounded good too, but those bastards cost too much. There are some nice bike pics in that album. YOUR pics are a different matter entirely. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Fish1, dont mean to steal your thread. i am lookng for black fairings for my 01 zx6r, i.e., i understand the 07 zzrs come in black, right? do oyu know if they are available as spares and what do you think they would cost? i have blue fairings on mine (have scratches on them since i laid it down) and i want to turn them black, i am trying to price the fairings, so that i can decide if i want to buy new fairings or just get the old ones painted.!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Depending on how bad the scratches are, you would be way cheaper to just have yours painted. If you need new plastics, then it would probably still be cheaper to buy aftermarket like Sharkskinz and have them painted. I don't know for sure, factory fairings may be cheaper than I think. You might also look at Bike Bandit.com for fairing prices.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.