Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changing my oil last night, I broke 2 of these damn things while taking them off. These are the pieces that hold the fairings together.

Any place I can order these online? I don't feel like driving to the dealership 40 mins away for 2 little parts.

Thanks guys

Jim

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I did the same thing with 1 of mine, but it still works. I hold it with needle nose pliers and the screw goes in fine. I would like to get a few of them for spares though. Let me know what you find out.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
So that's something I should look out for in the future so I can be sure I don't break mine too? [^]

·
Registered
98 Posts
I broke a couple of mine and went to get some at the dealership, they charged me like 2 bucks a piece. Then I happen to be in autozone a couple days later and noticed that they sell the same thing, expect they offer a 10 pack for like 99 cents.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I bought a multipack a long time ago for my car. It was like $7. I believe there was 150 all different sizes. They come in very handy.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Ok, I thought you were referring to the black rubber pieces the fairing screws/shield screws go into. Since you said "hold the fairings together" and "broke them while changing the oil", I obviously assumed the rubber pieces. The plastic part everybody is referring to are the 3 under the left side of the tail, which has nothing to do with changing oil.

·
Registered
264 Posts
There's one in the center behind the front tire, it hold the lower front fairing together...

correct?

Hokie - I hate those rubber "bolts" the screws go into. They always fall out and I end up having to search the inside of the bike for them. The rubber cuts out some of the vibration and noise so I guess they are good to have.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Originally posted by hokie636
Ok, I thought you were referring to the black rubber pieces the fairing screws/shield screws go into. Since you said "hold the fairings together" and "broke them while changing the oil", I obviously assumed the rubber pieces. The plastic part everybody is referring to are the 3 under the left side of the tail, which has nothing to do with changing oil.

Oops, my bad - I didn't pay attention to the fact that he wasn't talking about an '05-'06.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.