Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after heat wrapping and painting the underneath exhaust black. I thought i would look really nice to have blacked out front signals. So i took em off. Baked them in the oven at 250 for 10 mins. Split them apart and sprayed them. Here are the results.

Before..

During

After

Flashing

I like it better with it blacked out. Kind of pulls the rest together. Nice add with the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
yea would look really good with the monster sticker pack. where the duece did you get those frame sliders??

·
Registered
240 Posts
those sliders are LSL frame sliders...

by any chance enash99 do you still have the instructions for the sliders? my bro threw them away when i left it in the box...

a PDF scan of it would be helpful...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
those sliders are LSL frame sliders...

by any chance enash99 do you still have the instructions for the sliders? my bro threw them away when i left it in the box...

a PDF scan of it would be helpful...

Sry i don't. I had them installed at the dealership. Its a bitch to get those bolts off. I didnt want to fuss with it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
doesnt that kinda defeat the purpose of signals, i mean i dont always use em but its kinda nice in the city if people can see you're turning instead of t-boning you because they didnt think u were turning.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
That looks like the nightshade stuff for cars. If it is, it needs to be painted on the inside, which I think enash99 did judging from the captions above the pics.

·
Registered
296 Posts
man u did yours the hard way... haha i got the spray tint. tinted them and then clear coated and buffed. workd like a deam and i didnt have to split the light but it does look good

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That looks like the nightshade stuff for cars. If it is, it needs to be painted on the inside, which I think enash99 did judging from the captions above the pics.
yep painted them on the inside. i think what i am going to do now tho, is i am going to remove them again. Paint the reflective metal inside the lense from silver to black. THen leave the lens clear. And see how that looks. I did this to my older WRX's front head lights when i turned them into projector lights. Looks really good and i didnt have to worry bout the lens. I want to try it to just see how it looks. Need to do my rear the same way.

·
Registered
157 Posts
looks good will have to do that to mine thiswinter. But I think clearing and buffing it like the other guy might look realy nice so i might do that where are some instructions for that method??

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
No you dont, I have niteshaded my car all around and my bike signals from the outside. Did not remove the lenses either.

Just have to take your time prepping it(sand then wetsand to get the plastic skin off), use thin coats, wetsand between coats, and finish off with a very thin coat of clear to protect it. The more clear the more glossy it will look, but has a much bigger chance of dripping when applying or discoloring over time.

They have survived a year of florida weather with no fading, scratching, etc and the turns still shine through both day and night :)

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
yep painted them on the inside. i think what i am going to do now tho, is i am going to remove them again. Paint the reflective metal inside the lense from silver to black. THen leave the lens clear. And see how that looks. I did this to my older WRX's front head lights when i turned them into projector lights. Looks really good and i didnt have to worry bout the lens. I want to try it to just see how it looks. Need to do my rear the same way.
I believe that's what member "XXdevilzeroXX" did back in the day... turned out really good if I remember correctly. I doubt I'd be able to find any pics of it though.

GOT IT! It's like the 3rd or 4th pic.
http://www.kawiforums.com/showthread.php?t=99005

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
bookmarked, cause last time I think 350 was too hot :lol:

·
Registered
157 Posts
thpse pics are nice. the green bike with red rims looks cool. so he left the lens clear and painted the inside sliver reflector black???

1 - 20 of 21 Posts