Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Instead of spending $80 on a ZG, is there a way to just black it out that'll still look cool?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I just cleaned and spray painted the inside of my screen... they aren't used to look out of anyway.

·
Registered
119 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That looks sick! Can you please tell me what you used and how you did it? Thanks.

Also, what'd you do with the seat? Is that just paint also?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just cleaned and spray painted the inside of my screen... they aren't used to look out of anyway.
This right here... I degreased my OEM screen, masked off the front of the screen and used blue painter tape on the rolled edges of the screen. I used a razor knife and cut the blue tape following the line where the rounded edge meets the screen on the rear to create a crisp line then sprayed 3 coats of black with Krylon Fusion, then 3 coats of Duplicolor clear coat.

Later I bought a Zero Gravity double bubble dark smoke screen and was so disappointed in how light it looked compared to my OEM painted screen I painted my ZG as well using Krylon Fusion and Duplicolor clear, the only difference was the ZG doesn't have the rolled edges like the OEM screen, they're flat so no need to tape and cut a line...

Edited to add: Here's a decent How-to from the Ninjette forum... http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=46691

·
Registered
86 Posts
Same here. I also applied some decals to my screen prior to painting in the inside.

Attachments

·
Registered
640 Posts
you can spray paint it and maybe dye it, i dyed my helmet screen red and it looks sick and its very easy to do

·
Registered
119 Posts
The seat is a custom cover from HT Moto

·
Registered
273 Posts
just tape the edges off spray paint the under side with any color, and your done. doesnt need to be any more difficult then that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts