Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How the hell do I bleed the brakes on this 636, o6 model...I sat there and pumped brake..closed/open valve for 30 mins w/ no joy...what the F%ck am I doin wrong...FYI Im puttin new SS lines on and I ve done this b4 on Suzukis w/ success. I do have a bleeder screw for mastr cyl...when do i bleed that one? thx flabbergasted!

·
Powerhungry
37,958 Posts
take a breath man. its a teeny MC and moves very LITTLE fluid.
u need to force the air UP into the MC. use a clean oil can, u know the pump type. and attach it to the bleader(small hose) on the caliper. open the bleader and pump clean brake fluid UP the lines. till all the air is out. oh yeh..and remember to breath!

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
The easiest way is get a mityvac to help you out...

Ok try this and this will help you out a little...
pump the brake, HOLD and then loosen the actual banjo bolt on the left caliper, then do again with right side, then do this on your master as well...

Just using the bleed nipple wont get you the results you want if you are not using a mityvac...
Also you will need in conjuction on the radial, the bleeder and the banjo bolt for best results..

will be doing another set of brakelines for my ZX, but going to The Superbike kit...no round end fitting on the calipers...goes straight in...OH BABY

Yeah check the page someone posted in the last day as well, from the galfer website..may provide some help as well

·
Registered
316 Posts
I had the same problem. Make sure when you loosen the bleeder, the brake lever is compressed. If the valve your working on doesnt want to cooperate, try the other valve. Thats what I did and the fluid started to flow right through.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
I hate doing brakes, but it the only thing that I am fanatical about, so I do them all the damn time.

--David

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.