Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about adding some small blind spot convex mirrors on the side mirrors on my bike since I can't see crap with the current mirrors.

Does anyone have these and think they work? Would it help me at least know if there is anything behind me?

Where online can I get them?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
They work great. Pick them up at any car parts store. Cost is very cheap and the blind spots are gone. Seeing behind you still not the greatest, but side veiw is really improved. If you look closley at the photos I have on here in a different thread about flushmounts, you will see where I mounted them.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They work great. Pick them up at any car parts store. Cost is very cheap and the blind spots are gone. Seeing behind you still not the greatest, but side veiw is really improved. If you look closley at the photos I have on here in a different thread about flushmounts, you will see where I mounted them.
Found your post about the flushmounts but didn't see any pics of the convex mirrors... mind posting a pic of that in this thread please?

·
Registered
73 Posts
They're like 2 bucks at Kragen or Autozone. Even if it looks clear, be sure to still do a head check because objects are really shrunken down and you might have overlooked it. But if it doesn't look clear, these mirrors just saved you a head check. And they help in giving you a nearly 360 degree view of what's going on as you ride.

·
Registered
158 Posts
They're like 2 bucks at Kragen or Autozone. Even if it looks clear, be sure to still do a head check because objects are really shrunken down and you might have overlooked it. But if it doesn't look clear, these mirrors just saved you a head check. And they help in giving you a nearly 360 degree view of what's going on as you ride.
Your bike still have the mullet? If so, chop that stuff man!:) You're an ECE right? I'm biomed.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I just ordered some from Cycle Gear. I saw them in the store a couple weeks ago, but didn't think to get them. After riding a little more, I figured they might come in handy. Since they are made for bikes, they are really small... 1.25inches in diameter. Because of their size, they shouldn't look out of place. They were 5 bucks.

Since the inside of the mirrors (towards the middle of the bike) is wider and taller, and they get pointy on the outside, I'm just going to put them at the furthest inside top point. I (and everyone else out there) have to pull in my elbows to see behind me, and even then the inside half of the mirrors are completely useless, so that's where the convex mirror will go. I do still want the outside half of my mirrors to be normal so I can use them to see behind me. I think it will help, but of course I will still check my blind spot. I'll post pics when I get them and slap them on.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I think that some are thinking about bar end mirrors and some are thinking about the little convex mirrors that stick to the stock mirror.

OP, which are you considering? Adding a stick on, adding a bar end mirror, or replacing stock with a single bar end mirror? I would go with either of the first two...

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think that some are thinking about bar end mirrors and some are thinking about the little convex mirrors that stick to the stock mirror.

OP, which are you considering? Adding a stick on, adding a bar end mirror, or replacing stock with a single bar end mirror? I would go with either of the first two...

I'm referring to the little stick on convex mirrors that would just go onto the OEM side mirrors.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Any update on this?? The smallest stick-on convex mirrors I can find are on ebay (a little over 1.5"). The 2" ones are the smallest I can find at the auto-parts stores and they just seem to be too big for our mirrors. :(

·
Registered
173 Posts
My bike had the stick-ons when I got it. They rock, simple as that. Good for a quick check of your surroundings.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Any update on this?? The smallest stick-on convex mirrors I can find are on ebay (a little over 1.5"). The 2" ones are the smallest I can find at the auto-parts stores and they just seem to be too big for our mirrors. :(
Check bicycle shops and websites. They should have some very small mirrors. If the mirrors aren't "stick on", you can just use a little double sided tape...

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I got mine at the automotive department of Wal-Mart for less than $5. That's some cheap money to finally be able to see what's behind you with the crappy mirrors on the 250R. Especially at stop lights with all the posts from riders that have been rear-ended here lately. :(

·
Registered
170 Posts
I finally put mine on. I got them from CycleGear, and they are exactly 1.5" in diameter. They are sweet! They're so tiny that they don't look funny at all. They are very helpful during the day, as you have a much better idea of what's going on around you. At night I find that it's a bit harder to tell how far or close a car is based on it's headlights in those mirrors, but overally a very good mod! I still need to take pics, but I assure you they look nice. They fit right in the outside corners of the 08 250r mirrors. I think these are them (but it doesn't say the size for some reason)...

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=&L2=&L3=&L4=&item=FAI_BA19-U0026&tier2=65

And they are WAY smaller than the ones you pick up at Wal-Mart of any of the auto parts store.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts