Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to polish my rims on my 2002 ZX6R and the polish was taking off the red paint off the rims. The paints not acually off the rim but the rag was turning red. Is that wat metal polish is supposed to do, remove paint?

·
Registered
393 Posts
I polish my red truck about once every couple months and since the truck/paint is old, the rag ends up red all the time. I wouldn't worry about it unless it's taking off the entire coat. But then again, I use regular carnuba wax. Not too sure about the metal polish.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
read the bottle/canister of whatever it is that you're using.. it should tell you what the expected results are.

if it's a polishing compound, that might be different than what you're looking for. are you trying to make them polished like... chrome looking...? or are you trying to make them shiny and still red? lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey man, I think the stuff you are using is for polishing bare metal, not paint. I could be wrong, but that's what is sounds like you have.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
might be oxidation. i know that if you dont wash or wax your vehicle for a whild and then do it, your rag will turn the same color as you rvehicle from the oxidized aint. i dont know if this is what happend or not, but a thought.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by sedwick
Hey man, I think the stuff you are using is for polishing bare metal, not paint. I could be wrong, but that's what is sounds like you have.
that's what I was trying to say but I couldn't think of a way to say it..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.