Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here done this? I was wondering how difficult it was to remove the gauges. Also, this is a mod that I'd like to do, although it isn't as desired as my vfx kit. How is the visibility of the gauges. From the pictures on the site, they look as good or better than stock. Is this right?

TIA

·
Registered
119 Posts
i also really want to do this... it looks pretty easy to remove the gauges, but looks can be deceiving... i was thinking blue w/ white tach, i would advise against the all red display, it can mess with your night vision (red is seen by only a few types of cones, whereas the rods are used for night vision, your eye switching back and forth can cause blind spots in your vision)

·
Registered
469 Posts
is'nt it cones see color whereas rods see black and white? there are less cones than rods but I don't know if it'd cause vision problems. Where's the biologist???

·
Registered
119 Posts
yes, cones see color and rods see black and white, at night your eye primarily uses rods, and it's the switching back and forth that causes the potential for blind spots in your vision... trust me on this one =)
plus the red looks crappy compared to the other colors... also be sure to note that there will be a little bit of color bleed on the multi color ones (blue speedo, white tach still looks best imho)

anyone have them installed?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.