Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
my bike came with one. sounds a little louder but not much on the performance end. maybe a hp or two at most. sounds good and works well though so id say its a good buy. reusable too re-charge kits are like 10 bucks.

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
never tried one but i heard the race flows alittle better but needs to be cleaned more often, i have a K&N in mine

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting, how do you like the K&N? I wonder if because it needs to be cleaned more often they recommend the race for track use only.

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
i love the k&n flows alittle better than stock and reusable so thats a +1, they do recomend the bmc race for the track but i no people who ride on the streets but have to clean them more often, just keep a eye on it if u decide to get one

·
Registered
266 Posts
not sure if mines race or street but i clean it every 1500 miles or so. I'm sure it could probably go a lot longer between cleanings but i do it anyways.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Mi2 got a K&N on my bike, dun really feel the diff expect the sound changes. Nevertheless, it still work great for the bike some more its reusable:D

·
Registered
53 Posts
My bike came with the BMC filter. It is also on the Power Commander map. It is a race bike. The former owner could not have been more positive about it. BMC have been in Formula 1 and that is the campaign that gets me. I would gladly pay the extra for the BMC for the race track.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I put the BMC street on as the Race is a bit fine and needs more maintenance, with respect to cleaning.
haven't had it out only 2x's as their is snow up here now but I did Full hindle race exhaust system, and the rear wheel spun up too easy, but roads are kinda slick and my rear is worn out. Oh I also added the KIT ECU so that i'm sure was a huge improvement.
but ya I thnk its worth the extra $20, I noticed a different sound and increase in power with both installed.

quicker responce, felt quicker is the seat, but it's a combination of all 3 upgrades i'm sure, going from stock.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts