Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You'll start using your back and legs to hold yourself up after a while, but there's no way to make it stop. It's just gets better as you get used to it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I turned my clutch from 1 to 5 and it made my writs stop hurting...i dont know if its becuase i have big hands that it hurt but on the #1 setting it would kill...

·
Registered
700 Posts
I had that problem when I first started riding. Only one way to cure it, keep on ridin!

·
Registered
159 Posts
is it just me im new and my wrists and arms hurt when i get off my bike .does anyone go through this . or is it just me ?

also are there any aftermarket seats for our bikes one that does not push u forward as much.

:D

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
what is that adjustment knob on the front brake? i don't have one on my clutch, but what does it adjust? the distance from the handlebar, or the amount of force needed to pull the brake?

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by NinjaRider

what is that adjustment knob on the front brake? i don't have one on my clutch, but what does it adjust? the distance from the handlebar, or the amount of force needed to pull the brake?
There is no adjustment dial on the clutch. The one on the brake controls how close to the bar the lever comes to rest. I've got at least normal sized hands, and I run it as close as possible (don't remember if it's 1 or 5), and sometimes that doesn't feel close enough.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I remember being scared of making a horribly wrong decision buying my 6r because of how sore my wrists were after riding for 15-20 minutes but after a week or two, things went back to normal.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Originally posted by Sandy Singles

On my 02 my wrist dont hurt, but i do find that my right hand falls asleep alot of the times..any suggestions? Sandy
Try some gel handgrips, they don't transfer as much buzzing. Pro Grip makes some. I have em and they're much better than stock. Not all the aftermarket (including Pro Grip) grips are gel ones though, so look for those in particular. They're cheap too.

·
Registered
159 Posts
ya my wrists dont hurt as much now but they still get sore and my nuts are like 2 mm thiner anyone getten smashed on the tank ?
i think a new seat will help but all i can say is this bike is a rocket happy new owner! besides the wrists and back balls arms im all good to go LOVE THE BIKE:D:D;)[8)]

·
Registered
192 Posts
Originally posted by zbaron

is it just me im new and my wrists and arms hurt when i get off my bike .does anyone go through this . or is it just me ?

also are there any aftermarket seats for our bikes one that does not push u forward as much.

:D
Same here. Gotta ride more and get used to it. If your taking long trips take a break during gas stops or once an hour. As for seats run a search on CORBIN.

·
Registered
150 Posts
dude, i guess riding motocross got me used to the buzzing, my hand hasnt ever fallen asleep, although the first month was hell on the wrists and arms... Now i love it and cant get enough riding in..

·
Registered
212 Posts
I noticed the family jewels on teh tank as well..I went to my local dealer this weekend.Sat on the 6R,600RR,R6,F4i.Do you guys think that the ride height adjustment will help some with the jewel situation? I really like the 6R.I was really tip toeing to hold the bike up..I'm 5'11 with 32" inseam

·
Registered
532 Posts
dude i totally feel you on the nuts and arms thing. when i first got my 6r it felt like i had been doing pushups all day. my nuts constantly hurt. the best advice is to keep riding, and squeze the tank with your knees when you decel. about the vibs vary your speed get new grips and wear soft gloves.

later
DL

·
Registered
212 Posts
I just emailed Helibar about some clip ons for teh 03 ZX6R.So will see if they plan to make a kit or not.I'll let you guys know what they say.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
i rememeber my first unitentional stoppies, I think my nuts were in my throat after that....

must remember to sqeeze the tank to keep you from moving forward...

and you can get riders and aftermarkte seats that help take weight of your wrists and arms..

thats what I did...

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Kawi just needs to notch out the gas tank to make room for the "boys". I bet OCC could do it!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.