Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
I just bought some new bodywork I've had Sharkskinz, Hotbodies, and now Attack. I have to say the Attack are far and away the best. Best finish, best fit, strongest. I will never buy from the rest even if its free. Well if it was for free I would take them but sell them. I really couldn't believe how nice the attack bodywork is. Don't waste money on ebay crap.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I've had Pit Eck. It blows. Fitment sucks. And it needs a lot of work. I got Attack Racing bodywork on my track bike now and it's pretty damn good. I can't compare it to anything else but Pit Eck but I'd say it's well worth it. It comes primered and ready to paint. Buy it from Advanced Kawasaki (forum sponsor). Tell them you're a member on this forum and they'll give you an awesome price for a set. I got quoted $620 for my 05 ZX6R.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Stay away from Pit-Eck. You will not be pleased. The stuff doesn't match up, requires much additional work, and still looks like hell due to poor fitment. Plus it is very brittle. Pay a bit more and get anything else from a reputable source that advertises in roadrace pubs.

Morris Foor

·
Registered
68 Posts
Don't buy the hotbodies crap! I had to return the lower 3 times and it still didn't fit. I had the cut the oil dam out myself and re-fiberglass it in the right place. It still doesn't fit quite right. I don't see why they can't pre-drill all the holes. It is such a pain in the ass. From what I hear, the AK composites are really good too. Good luck.

Craig

I have an 05 ZX6rr

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
doh! I ordered a set of hotbodies a few days ago, couldnt resist on the price. I will let you guys know once I get it and mount it.

neattoes- where you able to keep the kickstand?? I know my friend bought e-racing bodywork and it wasnt able to keep it, unless he modified it.

·
Registered
418 Posts
take the kickstand off and use a rear stand for the track..please let me know asap about your fit and finish w/hotbodies! thanks!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hey guys! I have a set of Tromex bodywork on the way for my 06 636. They've been great on the phone so far and seem knowledgable about the business and about racer's needs. I'll be sure to post a review once they're on hand. I have hotbodies on my 01 zx6r and i was so frustrated with that crap! Hopefully this is different, but I have no expectations at this price.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i bought the tromex kit and it was sweet way better than hot bodies and it was so flexible and strong at the same time for a very good price!

·
Registered
4 Posts
i had flexi glass on my r6 and my buddie had it on his 636 not bad bid of work before you can paint i think my new bike(04 636)has armour bodies not bad from what i can tell not as brittle as the other ones

·
Registered
348 Posts
Sharkskinz on my RC-51. It is the best I have seen hands down. Expensive as hell though.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Used both on the track, so far both crashed well :D two low sides and one high side. Fitment wasnt perfect, but its a track/race bike, as long as it looks good from 50ft at 100 mph![:p]

·
Registered
223 Posts
I've found that SOME companies actually do put out good quality products at a ridiculously low price at the beginning to get the buzz started. I feel this is one of 'em because the quality of this stuff truly is up to par. Its the deal to be had! Just reinforced by the lack of complaints by anyone on race forums. Try em! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.