Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When street riding, I always wear a helmet, leather jacket, leather gloves, full boots, etc... but I'm usually wearing jeans which offer next to NO protection. I'm looking at buying some Bohn armor pants but wanted to know how much protection they really offer. Their website talks alot about "impact protection" .... but doesn't say anything about protection from road rash. Has anyone gone down in these? If so ... did you get rashed, etc.... ?

I'm also open to other suggestions for something to protect my legs (other than leather pants).

Thanks d00ds! :D

·
Registered
334 Posts
I wear T-pro pants along with my riding suit for impact protection. this reduces the energy transmitted to your body, but doesn't really offer anything against abrasion. Try some draggin' jeans for street stuff.

Ethan

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice thread jack ....

Back to the pants please ... I wanna buy some that will preferably go under my jeans ... or replace them. But want to make sure they work for rash as well as impact.

Maybe the Bohn's under Draggin' Jeans???

·
Registered
679 Posts
Would you try some overpants? I have the Scorpion mesh overpants, they come with hip armor and CE knee armor. I wear them over jeans when riding. They are also waterproof/windproof. I removed the liner and have been wearing them upto 90 degree weather. I do not get hot in them. Never been down and don't plan to be hopefully :D.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I wear the Bohn adventure shorts under my leathers B/C my leathers have no real armour in the hip area, they work great to absorb impact but I would bet that they will twist and grind down if just covered by jeans.

I would go with the Bohn pants under draggin jeans at a minimum.

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Would you try some overpants? I have the Scorpion mesh overpants, they come with hip armor and CE knee armor. I wear them over jeans when riding. They are also waterproof/windproof. I removed the liner and have been wearing them upto 90 degree weather. I do not get hot in them. Never been down and don't plan to be hopefully :D.
They would definately offer good protection, but I'm looking for something to either go under ... or look like jeans.

i'd personally go with http://www.dragginjeans.net but i agree that some nice overpants wouldn't be a bad idea either
I think I'm gonna look at getting the dragginjeans to put over the Bohn Adventure pants.

would you go away? thanks
Right on ... SCAT bitch!

I wear the Bohn adventure shorts under my leathers B/C my leathers have no real armour in the hip area, they work great to absorb impact but I would bet that they will twist and grind down if just covered by jeans. I would go with the Bohn pants under draggin jeans at a minimum.
I think that is exactly what I am going to do. Also ... I looked at getting the shorts to go under my 1 piece at the track as well. I haven't been bucked off yet .. but it would sure be nice to have something over my hips if it happens!

·
Registered
330 Posts
I wear the Bohn adventure shorts under my leathers B/C my leathers have no real armour in the hip area, they work great to absorb impact but I would bet that they will twist and grind down if just covered by jeans.

I would go with the Bohn pants under draggin jeans at a minimum.
I totally agree. The Bohn pants under normal jeans will only be useful if you simply fall over while standing still. If you're moving, you're gonna get some nasty rash without something like draggin jeans.

I think I'd consider adding to the above a set of Icon Field Leg Armor rather than getting the integrated knee armor. You DEFINITELY want some armor on those knees and this is a good, quick, cheap, easy, versatile way to obtain that while still wearing the draggin jeans and not having to deal with its armor.

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I totally agree. The Bohn pants under normal jeans will only be useful if you simply fall over while standing still. If you're moving, you're gonna get some nasty rash without something like draggin jeans.

I think I'd add to the above a set of Icon Field Leg Armor. You DEFINITELY want some armor on those knees and this is a good, quick, cheap, easy, versatile way to obtain that while still wearing the draggin jeans.
My impression was that the Bohn pants were for absorbing impact. If that is not the case ... should I even bother with buyin the Bohn pants to place under the Dragginjeans? Dragginjeans have options where you can get knee and hip armor so maybe that is the way to go vs. Bohn AND Dragginjeans???

·
Registered
330 Posts
My impression was that the Bohn pants were for absorbing impact. If that is not the case ... should I even bother with buyin the Bohn pants to place under the Dragginjeans? Dragginjeans have options where you can get knee and hip armor so maybe that is the way to go vs. Bohn AND Dragginjeans???
The impact absorption from the Bohn pants will be much higher than that of the dragginjeans with hip armor. Basically think of the Bohn pants as ultimate purchasable impact absorption for that area. Think of all other integrated hip armor as good and a no-brainer to get, unless you have Bohn pants, but realize they're an order of magnitude less good than the Bohn pants for impact absorption.

Personally, I do not have the Bohn pants and just go with the hip armor of my riding pants. One of these days I'm gonna pony up the cash for the Bohn pants though but just not yet (I mostly only ride for commuting atm but once I go riding more for fun and ride hard, will definitely have the Bohn pants).

·
Registered
558 Posts
I have been thinking about bohn pants under jeans too. not to take anything away form motospecific pants but there is something to be said about denim... althoug its not the best I have seen alot of crashes that had minimal abrasion because the rider had denim. I got some kevlar reinforced Icon denim pants and I plan on getting bohn pants next.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have the a* tracks pants and the first day I rode in them I got to test them out on the asphalt - doh!. Held up really well and I didn't feel a thing.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have a pair of Cortech jeans. Thick denim. Reinforced seat and knees on the inside with leather and a nylon material. Knees have removable armor. Nice jeans, very well built and comfortable to ride in, but a bit too baggy. I end up tucking the jean into my boot with the hope that will keep the knee armor in the right spot for the first bounce at least if needed. I wear them for my commute...speeds under 50 mph.
The bohn pants seem ok...too pricey for what you get imo. You could easily wear them under the cortech jeans though would be my guess.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.