Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one of the bolts holding the gear shifter in place popped out:(

Thought my tranny blew or sumtin as i couldn't shift up. Stopped and looked at it and finally started breathing again:)

Looked in the hole and didn't look like it was stripped. All gears work as long as i put weight on the peg.

There goes the cruise i was supposed to have tomorrow[xx(] but at least it happened 5min from home and not several hours away.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Bugger!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Quarkz
Bugger!
Yeah m8 it sucks hard:( was having a grand time cruising around too

Going to byron tomorrow? Wish i could get a new bolt tomorrow before the cruise but wouldn't know where to get it except kawasaki in nerang but they wouldn't be open on a sunday?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm not sure actually..

Anybody know this? I'm in my pjs now and the bike is locked safely down in the basement of the building so won't be looking at it before tomorrow but will def keep that in mind[8D] thx

·
Registered
409 Posts
Originally posted by NorwegianWood
Hmmm not sure actually..

Anybody know this? I'm in my pjs now and the bike is locked safely down in the basement of the building so won't be looking at it before tomorrow but will def keep that in mind[8D] thx
Check out a bolt that holds the passenger rearsets on...I removed mine when I installed my Arata and they look similar

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I've had two pop out, and know a guy who's missing a few as well. What is it with Kawis and losing hardware?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The bolts from the passanger peg fit perfectly:)

Now to zip over to kawasaki and get a couple of new ones just in case i lose more;)

·
Registered
550 Posts
Originally posted by zack4president
I've had two pop out, and know a guy who's missing a few as well. What is it with Kawis and losing hardware?

You haven't noticed the slight vibration that makes every part of your body get numb intermittently? Perhaps you've heard the clutch lever or ignition switch scream from the same thing. Vibes like that do a damn good job of loosening things. It's like little tiny impact wrenches attacking every fastener on the thing. I can't believe more shit doesn't come loose internally. I mean, I go through and tighten random nuts and bolts I can touch, but the stuff out of sight should be subject to the same thing.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I know why they fall out. But it seems that kawis are more prone to lose hardware than other makes. After the second bolt went MIA, I've started checking them from time to time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.