Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having a problem with the bolts on the Front fender over the tire almost every time i ride i lose one of them and i dont know why ive tighted the fuckers pretty tight ant they still seem to come loose and I was just wondering if any one else was having this problem or had this problem?

If your going to ride ....ride hard. live life to the max dude!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Next time add a dab of loctite to the bolt. There's a lot of vibrations on the front end of a bike.

BC

·
Registered
88 Posts
I just found out that the early 98 and up 6r's had the front fender recalled. I took mine off to look and around the bolt holes, it is cracked. Supposedly the plastic washers were too thin, causing stress from the tight screws. I always had a rattle over bumps, now I know. Ive been to the dealer for service many times since I bought it new and they never said thing. bastards.
Wonder if its too late. 4yrs after purchase. hmm. Front fender comes loose, locks up front tire, endo, lawsuit. nah, its not too late. LOL

98 6R. TBR slip-on. No poser add-ons.

·
Registered
322 Posts
ripTOOL...
Let us know how it goes at the dealer.
I have a '99 but haven't had any problems.....yet.

Diirk
'99 ZX6R
'02 Raptor
'01 Wolverine
'87 Radian

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey I have a 98 and I always have a rattle over bumps and crap like that I will check mine out keep us posted..

I don't give a damn if you don't like me, cause I don't like you, cause your not like me.---Bloodhound Gang

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.