Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, winter is killing me so I decided to take some pictures of my baby today since it got up into like the 40's.

Plus I need the before pics because my carbon akra slip goes on this upcoming weekend. I will update the pics afterwards!!

I know, I know, and I need to do something about the undertail. I haven't decided yet what I'm going to do but it is next on my list. :D

Here are some new shots...

Had to try the exhaust out as soon as a got it so here are some of the updated pics...

unfaired...

completed and faired...

I really like it a lot! It fits very well with no problems and it sounds awesome. Build quality is outstanding as well.

And for what its worth, kneedragers.com is a great place to shop. Great customer service, good prices and fast delivery. An overall very repectable company for anyone who wants to order something via internet.

Thanks for looking, later all!! :D

·
Registered
978 Posts
Originally posted by GreenEnvy
Looks good.
I still dislike the red stickets on the black ones though, the bike looks 10x better with the gold ones off the silver bike IMO..
I agree on the stickers -

But as for the bike? Dude - if it's not raining, hop on and Ride! :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the kind words all....

Yea its a slip on for now (hopefully get a whole systm in the future)

It took all of 5 min to put on but I took off the plastic to get to the clamp easier so when all said and done it took like 20 min. Very easy to do.

Also, I have a stupid question. I took off the old exhaust a day or two ago because I knew I was getting the akra soon and I was bored.

Well after I had it off my friends and my dad were outside and said fire it up real quick to see what it sounds like without the exhaust. (keep in mind that it was just slip on I was puttin on so the header was still on) I was real uneasy about doing it and tried to change the subject but my friend being very very mechanical (actually is a mechanic for a living) said it won't hurt anything, just for a second to see what it sounds like.

I finally gave in and ran it for no longer than a minute and a half then shut it down. Must admit sounded cool but I really didn't want to do it in the first place, not sure what not having any or very little back pressure on the motor could do.

So what do you guys think? Think I could have hurt anything? I started it up when I got the akra on and it ran fine. I dunno just thought I would ask.

Thanks all...

later

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well after I had it off my friends and my dad were outside and said fire it up real quick to see what it sounds like without the exhaust. (keep in mind that it was just slip on I was puttin on so the header was still on) I was real uneasy about doing it and tried to change the subject but my friend being very very mechanical (actually is a mechanic for a living) said it won't hurt anything, just for a second to see what it sounds like.

I finally gave in and ran it for no longer than a minute and a half then shut it down. Must admit sounded cool but I really didn't want to do it in the first place, not sure what not having any or very little back pressure on the motor could do.

So what do you guys think? Think I could have hurt anything? I started it up when I got the akra on and it ran fine. I dunno just thought I would ask.

Thanks all...

later

Damn i was about to try that myself...i bet it sounded really good. How loud was it and how did it sound compared to the akra? Was it rumbling at idle and sound like a V8? I dont think it would do any harm as long as you didnt do it for long. i run open downpipe on my turbo cars all the time and they are four cylinder motors. i think the draw back on a high compression motor making 107-110 hp would be a loss of horse power and torque.. Turbo cars/bikes basically dont need backpressure from an exhaust.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Damn i was about to try that myself...i bet it sounded really good. How loud was it and how did it sound compared to the akra? Was it rumbling at idle and sound like a V8? I dont think it would do any harm as long as you didnt do it for long. i run open downpipe on my turbo cars all the time and they are four cylinder motors. i think the draw back on a high compression motor making 107-110 hp would be a loss of horse power and torque.. Turbo cars/bikes basically dont need backpressure from an exhaust.
Yea, it sounded pretty cool, didn't sound like a v8 tho. You could never ride around like that because it is extremely loud. Yea it had a cool rumble and kinda sounded like a turbo'd busa, ofcourse with a higher pitch due to the smaller cc's. I only ran it for like a min and a half but it sounded awesome. Didn't rev it past 4 grand, I would say it would have to loose a ton of power with little or no back pressure.

LOL...fun stuff :D

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
nice bike but 2 questions for ya.
you are going to take that mud gaurd off, no?
and
are you using two different headlight bulbs? the left one looks to be a higher kelvin than the right one. (more blue)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Two answers for you....

In my original post I said I need to get an aftermarket undertail but I am not sure what I want to do yet since there are so many choices. :)

Second, the original headlight bulbs are in the bike since the bike is almost brand new and only has 631 miles on it. In these pics the only bulb that is lit is the low beam. I dunno..... [:M74]

Later

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.