Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So has anyone lost the itch to ride? I don't really ever look forward to riding anymore. I can't be burnt out since the season just started... Maybe it's time to get rid of the ninja and step into something else. Have any of you gotten tired of riding?

·
Registered
969 Posts
I did around this time last year, maybe a little earlier, up through early summer because it was more of a hassle then than being fun. I don't normally ride a lot (like every day), but I haven't gotten tired of it since then, maybe since I don't ride a whole lot.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
It happens, highly depends on how you ride. If you ride through the city everyday for fun, then the city will get boring.

Do a track day and you'll probably shit your pants in excitment.

If you've done it all, then start stunting, drag racing, customizing, etc... list goes on. Not saying you have to do any of the above, but you catch my drift. Change it up a little bit.

I know the same old roads get boring for me, and I usually don't get 'lost' without a friend. When we find a new twisty road, everything becomes fun again. Or if we take a once-a-month trip to a race or bike show or something.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Dunno man. I've been riding for 4 years now, I still crap my pants in the spring to get on it, go home at lunch to get it if its below freezing in the morning. Do everything I can to ride it after work, trying to find new things.

I can honestly say I have no idea what you are talking about.

·
Registered
467 Posts
i ride EVERY day, weather permitting. i ride to school, work if i have it and then ill ride for fun... consider modding? certain things change the bike completely. feel like you done it all? well, you haven't and i guarantee you've got some learning to do. i personally don't understand this because i can be dead tired but down to ride. even after two consecutive runs up big bear, i was down to do a third... unfortunately i went by myself cause everyone else bailed. i dunno, maybe it's just me.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Dunno man. I've been riding for 4 years now, I still crap my pants in the spring to get on it, go home at lunch to get it if its below freezing in the morning. Do everything I can to ride it after work, trying to find new things.

I can honestly say I have no idea what you are talking about.
:plusone:

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
1)You need to go to a track
2)Get a new bike
3)Group of friends take a trip
4)Stop going to the same damn roads
5)Ride it as a hobby not just because you're bored and have nothing else to do.

Anyone of those options will solve your problem

·
Registered
467 Posts
man, i thought about it for a minute there, and i STILL don't understand you. there's nothing more fun than just hitting that corner, perfect line, best form you can muster and have those tires stick like glue and WRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!! screaming engine, wind in helmet.. fucking love it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I found myself getting bored last year because I was riding the only roads around that I know of that are decent twisties without too much traffic, but then I went on google maps and just started looking at roads that looked like they could be fun... found a whole bunch of new places to ride (and a bunch of ones NOT to ride) but it made it less of a routine. And much more fun. But at the same time, whenever I crack that throttle wide open and hit the turns as hard as I can, trying to go faster than the last time, I still have fun. So I donno...

·
28,939 Posts
So has anyone lost the itch to ride? I don't really ever look forward to riding anymore. I can't be burnt out since the season just started... Maybe it's time to get rid of the ninja and step into something else. Have any of you gotten tired of riding?
happened to me in a way, just needed to mix it up a bit. switched bikes and it kept me entertained for awhile, have a fourwheeler now, dont ride it much either...lol

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i'll PM you if you're interested in doing a few track days with us this year...should be a good time!
Yeah, I'm in on some track action. I just need to get some leather pants and boots. You go to gingerman?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I cant really say I ever get tired of riding...I LOVE IT!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Using the bike as a commuter, yeah that thrill has worn off. I still do it but if I am going to work, warming the bike up, gearing up, yadda yadda yadda... that has lost its luster. But RIDING has not. And by riding, I mean riding my sport bike like it is a sport bike... not going red light to red light during rush hour.

Because of where I am from, twisty, low-traffic roads are hard to come by so I need to travel a good distance to get to one. However, there is one, I repeat one, 5 mile section of twisty road through a state park that I have hit every single sunny day for the past 2.5 years. The road requires you to get the bike leaned waaay over if you are moving at a good clip and that has never got boring for me. Like I said, the road is 5 miles long and I have logged at least 1,000 miles on it over two and a half seasons.

I don't always have time to ride an hour just to get to the twisties and any time I don't, this road gets a good workout by me. Since it is a state park, you should see the expressions on people's faces when they see the same bike scream by 15 times in 45 minutes haha.

-Pat

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
I rarely ride to work. A bike is alot of things to me, but not a commuter.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I've been so wrapped up in things this winter, like getting married, working on the house, playing Call of Duty that I thought I might have lost the itch to ride. But as soon as the warm weather got here I got that feeling again. Today was the first day this year I rode to work and I'm super excited to be back on two wheels.

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
43,695 Posts
It usually happens to me around August. The weather is so stinking hot and I always wear all my gear and it can get to be a PITA but I always get through it. Right now I'm enjoying the hell out of it but then again, I just added another bike to the stable and that always helps. I'd hate it if I lived in a major city like Boston or NY.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Nah, I never get bored of riding. I try to take my bike everywhere. But I also live in a place where you can't ride for a good chunk of the year (because of snow & gravel), so.....

1 - 20 of 35 Posts