Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having problems with both my hands going numb when riding. This only happens when my hands are on the grips, and if I shake them it out, I get feeling back. Not too bad for the left hand, but removing my right hand to un-pinch whatever is causing my issue is kinda difficult in that bike slows down. Goot go about 80 them let off my right hand for about 5 seconds to get feeling back.

anyway, does anybody else experience this? and is there something I can do to help relieve this?

Thanks,
David

·
Thats how I get down baby
1,287 Posts
try not putting as much weight on your wrists..put more weight on your legs and you'll notice a difference. you shouldnt be putting too much weight on your wrists anyway because it reduces your amount of control.

hope it helps

·
Registered
131 Posts
I found these post thru much research for you.Dont ask me how I did it.Its a forum secret that I have recently been let on to.

http://www.kawiforums.com/showthread.php?t=114800&highlight=numb+hands

http://www.kawiforums.com/showthread.php?t=59666&highlight=numb+hands

http://www.kawiforums.com/showthread.php?t=83485&highlight=buzzy+hands

http://www.kawiforums.com/showthread.php?t=29593&highlight=buzzy+hands

One day you too will be informed.Just kidding ya.Try the search.But yeah if your not used to riding alot the numbness can suprise ya.Or a new bike may feel a bit buzzy.Its something we acclimate to.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Numbness

I am having problems with both my hands going numb when riding. This only happens when my hands are on the grips, and if I shake them it out, I get feeling back. Not too bad for the left hand, but removing my right hand to un-pinch whatever is causing my issue is kinda difficult in that bike slows down. Goot go about 80 them let off my right hand for about 5 seconds to get feeling back.

anyway, does anybody else experience this? and is there something I can do to help relieve this?

Thanks,
David
I have the same problem but only with my right wrist. The left wrist I can take off the grip and shake it or move it around so no numbness. The right one is on the throttle and it's hard to take it off the throttle often. What I do is move my fingers around on my right hand and try not to bend over too much so all the weight is on my wrists. Also at stop signs and red lights I will shake my right hand to help the circulation.

Ride Safe.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
you could also change you hand position on the bars. if you have to you can adjust your levers to accomodate the most comfortable position. i have noticed when i ride with my arm in certain positions or with too much weight on my wrist my pinky finger and basically that whole edge of my hand will go numb.

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
Like everyone else has said, you're putting too much weight on your wrists.

Snuggle up to the tank, place the toes of your feet on the outside of the peg and press your heels against the heel guards. Lift your legs up and squeeze the tank with your legs. Now hold your body up with your legs, stomach and back. You should be able to let go with both arms at the same time and not move your upper body or have to adjust position.

It's tough at first, but it'll make you a better rider in the long run and your arms will hurt a lot less.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I am having problems with both my hands going numb when riding.

Thanks,
David
Try masterbating..alternate hands odd/even days type of thing. No more numb hands. :dunno:

·
Registered
170 Posts
this is the perfect opportunity to give yourself the fabled stranger threesome, don't let this gift get away!

:Laughing rolling::Laughing rolling::Laughing rolling:

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Which bike is this? I know the 07 ZX-6R is at 7000 rpm at 80 mph on stock gearing.

People have given their suggestions so I'll give mine. Move BACK on the chair. Chances are you're sitting way too close to the tank. Give your crotch some room and, like Sev said, hold the tank with your legs. It's gonna feel weird at first. But this is what you can do.

Be cautious of bar ends and grips. I have Driven gel grips and HVMP 17 oz bar ends and my 6R will still numb my throttle hand if I sit on it wrong.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
this is the perfect opportunity to give yourself the fabled stranger threesome, don't let this gift get away!
lol :D

reminds me of one of my favorite lines from Scrubs...."I call him - the stranger!" lol

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
Which bike is this? I know the 07 ZX-6R is at 7000 rpm at 80 mph on stock gearing.

People have given their suggestions so I'll give mine. Move BACK on the chair. Chances are you're sitting way too close to the tank. Give your crotch some room and, like Sev said, hold the tank with your legs. It's gonna feel weird at first. But this is what you can do.

Be cautious of bar ends and grips. I have Driven gel grips and HVMP 17 oz bar ends and my 6R will still numb my throttle hand if I sit on it wrong.
Moving back is going to make it tougher to feel what the back tire is doing, and tougher to grip the tank. Really you want your balls right up against the tank.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts