Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Year:

Model:
Ninja 250R

Accessories/Mods:
Rear OEM Seat Cowl
Tape Works REFLECTIVE RIMTAPE

And the story:
Well the story begins just before 2008 when I have decided to go GREEN. Gas prices where going up and up, prices of food increased and more. I know in the future we all will be riding around on electric or hybrid motorcycles. But currently we are not there yet so I wanted the next most practical thing. Thats when I landed my eye on the new 08 Ninja 250R that gets an amazing 61 MPG which is by far one of the highest MPG ratings for a street bike. I then reshearched and I was thinking about getting a scooter to go GREEN but they are not as fun as a street bike and most smaller ones cant accelerate or go as fast as the Ninja 250R.
I know the older 250 design has been phased out and if I was going to settle for a 250R it had to be state of the Art or with a modern design. Most important was I wanted to beable to still ride with the 600 on the street and have fun while going GREEN and saving GAS. So I then ordered one and had a deposit on 3 different dealerships. After 4 months of waiting nothing until I got word that not in Ga where I live but in NC there is one Green Ninja 250R. I took off work and made the drive.
I only would ONLY accept KAWI GREEN for my motto and reasoning to get the 250R was to go green so it just made since to go with the theme. I then drove it home going 45-50mph all the way home for about 7-8 hrs taking breaks so I can break in the motor.
Finally I arrive to ATLANTA, Ga just in time for Bike night and then I was in heaven.
***Fast foward to now The 08 Ninja 250R has proven that to me that is satisfies my every desire. It saves me lots on gas, I can keep up with 600's and 750's on the street in the city, and I still suprise others when I pass them up on mountain runs.
Hands down this is not just a 250 its a new revised work of ART.

Attachments

Reactions: jdesiano1

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How do you like your smart car?

What's BOTM???
BOTM = (Bike of the Month)
This is the thread to compete for BOTM on this forum.

I love the SMART CAR too.. its fun and I get attention with it everywhere.

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
I dont want to crap in your cheerios but rim tape and a cowl is pushing it for BOTM. Its just a stock bike....

Edit: and your camera needs helps also lol ;)

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
You're kidding, right?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Really, nothing wrong with thinking you have the greatest peice of stock machinery in the world. Takes Guts.;)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haters step aside.
Not everyone has money out the Yin Yang to mod up a bike after just purchasing it with cash. I did what I can with the finances I have if thats not good enough well Im here to make the best with what God gave me not to please the world. Things happen in time with patience and unfortunalty the world expects someone to make everything happen overnight.
Again some are more fortunate than others with more disposable income...Im here to make the best with what little God blessed me with and I am happy with that.

Reactions: joonyaboy

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I dont want to crap in your cheerios but rim tape and a cowl is pushing it for BOTM. Its just a stock bike....

Edit: and your camera needs helps also lol ;)
this is indeed quite ambitious to say the least

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
Haters step aside.
Not everyone has money out the Yin Yang to mod up a bike after just purchasing it with cash. I did what I can with the finances I have if thats not good enough well Im here to make the best with what God gave me not to please the world. Things happen in time with patience and unfortunalty the world expects someone to make everything happen overnight.
Again some are more fortunate than others with more disposable income...Im here to make the best with what little God blessed me with and I am happy with that.
Haters:Laughing rolling: Good one. :D

If you're happy with your bike, more power to you. But let's be serious... BOTM isn't really for stock bikes that anybody can buy off the showroom floor. :dunno:

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
Haters step aside.
Like I said, I'm not hating but you are entering your stock bike in BOTM which brings it up for critique. If it was an immaculate stock 15 yr old bike - different matter but its an 08 with tape. Glad you like your bike but wrong section to show it off IMO...

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Haters:Laughing rolling: Good one. :D

If you're happy with your bike, more power to you. But let's be serious... BOTM isn't really for stock bikes that anybody can buy off the showroom floor. :dunno:
If that is the case it would state that in the rules. There has been minor things done so I have put sometime into my bike. Some or most may have more and thats ok. If I win thats great if not its ok. Its a contest and with that comes the best and the worst. I am making an effort and more will come in time.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
No one is trying to hate on your bike.. but seriously, it's not BOTM material ;)

They're being nice about it too. Just have the mods move this to the pics forum

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Like I said, I'm not hating but you are entering your stock bike in BOTM which brings it up for critique. If it was an immaculate stock 15 yr old bike - different matter but its an 08 with tape. Glad you like your bike but wrong section to show it off IMO...
Well I respect your opinion and its good we all have them. However with the minimal mods I have I am firm on what I believe. No one ever is going to be level with another person but hopefully with us all puttting aside our pride we can have unity in what we all like to do. THERE IS NO LIMIT IN THE RULES AS TO HOW MANY MODS TO QUALIFY AS AN ENTRY SO EVEN IF YOU HAVE 1,4, or 10 MODS I MAY ENTER. So get off my back about it!

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
I think its sick!

I don't have one so thankfully these pics are here to satisfy.

You have my vote for sure! GL with the win

Reactions: KSE
1 - 20 of 49 Posts