Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I buy a new tinted visor for my Shoei TZ1, ride home, take my helmet off, and as I'm walking up to the house I manage for the first time ever to brush the helmet against the wire fence, on my brand new visor! I now have 1.5" (about 35mm-40mm) scratch that with the visor down is right in my path of vision. :( [xx(] :(

For a single, relatively deep scratch such as this (as distinct from the usual multitude of small scratches and scuff marks you might get on an older visor) is there anything I can do? Apart from buying another visor of course!

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I don't think there's much you can do about the scratch if it's a deep one. Not without a lot of work or stuffing up the optics of the visor anyway.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
You may want to try some plastic polish but like stated above if the scratch is too deep then you should just scrap the visor.

·
Registered
940 Posts
unfortunately I think you're SOL....

sorry to hear that..how much did you spend on it?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks anyway guys, I sorta guessed there wasn't going to be anything much I could do. It's just annoying that I only got about 2 hours of use out of the thing before ruining it, and in the past year of riding I've not put a scratch in any of the other three visors I've got (have a clear and tinted visor for my old helmet as well as a clear visor for the Shoei). Oh well, will be more careful next time.

Over here, they cost about AUD$56 (USD$40) inc. tax.

·
Registered
940 Posts
that's not too bad....

I don't buy tinted screens for that reason though....my Ray Ban's fit nice underneath my Arai so I usually just keep my clear screen on....

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do the same during winter, but over summer I find the tinted visor is more comfortable.

Oh well, at least I didn't buy (and scratch) an iridium visor...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.