Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

so i just bought a used Rs-5 slip on exhaust and it came with the following

so theres no EVA bracket thing and no washers and stuff that came with it...
so after reviewing the install guide on the yoshimura website
http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/images/product/pdf/1462272.pdf

i figure that with no EVA stopper thing, the FI light will always be on...
is there a place where i can buy this EVA thing?
i've looked through the forums and i know there is a $2 "fix" however, i want to get an actual part (the $2 fix seemed to give a couple ppl problems)

also, AM I MISSING ANYTHING?
i know i am missing the nuts and bolts, and from the manual PDF i'm going to be getting

- (4) 6mm washers
- (2) 8mm flange nuts
- (4) 6mm button head bolt

and so i know i have the
- (1) exhaust
- (1) muffler clamp
- (1) rubber thing that goes under the muffler clamp
- (1) aluminum rear fender bracket (i don't know how to install this!!!)

any help would be awesome.

thanks!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
when i put mine on i only had the exhaust and the servo eliminator. i had to order the bracket. im not sure what that is to the left of the bracket on the second pic.

i had to use all the stock nuts\bolts\washers because mine didnt come with it either. you can order the EVA stopper from yoshi (their number is on the manual).

this was my first install on the bike and it wasnt hard at all.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Well, I just put my full system yosh on so its pretty fresh in my head...

Once you take the tail off its pretty self explanatory where to bolt up the muffler hanger and the rear fender bracket(only used if your keeping the stock mudflap and very ugly in my opinion). The muffler hanger needs to be mounted with new bolts, washers, and nuts because the stock ones thread into nuts on the muffler.

As far as the Servo fix, I still have mine in the packaging since I bought a servo elim. and had no use for it. Throw me a couple bucks for it and its yours. I'll even send you the step-by-step directions of how to install it.

The hardest thing you'll probably have to deal with is getting that stupid rubber thing to sit right while you bolt up the hanger.

Doesn't look like your missing anything else. PM me for details on the Servo fix...

-Chris

·
Registered
93 Posts
Really easy install once you get the nuts and bolts. Follow the directions that come with it (or on the website in your case) and it should go on with no problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts