Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i get the rpms up around 8500~9000 then i roll off the throttle while loading the fork springs. then in one continous motion crack the throttle WIDE OPEN & tug up on the clip-on's and im airborne.

my bike's jetted & has full system so i have to get a little higher in the powerband in order to have the power to do it.

BE CAREFULL BRO.

its all fun & games untill someone get poked in the eye.[B)]

"TEARS will get you sympathy,
SWEAT will get you change"

·
Registered
116 Posts
Can someone send me some pretty good info on bouncing the bike up in second gear? Rpm's, speed, etc? I'm trying to learn a second gear standup. I dont want to clutch it up. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
695 Posts
What I do is:

get to about 9K on RPMs...stand up on pegs and roll for about 2 seconds...let my forks depress

Then bend my knees and as if doing a little jump (but with my hands still firmly grabbing the handlebars...duh) then crank it and let my bodywieght slightly move to the rear. I don't yank on the bars at all. You really shouldn't have to. If fact I TRY to be loose in the arms.

before you start...you should practice just bouncing the bike..period...no throttle...just stand on the pegs and bounce. Get used to the feeling because if you are not used to it...and you crank the throttle...you may be going of the back of the bike.

_________

2002 ZX6R NINJA!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have not tried it on my 6rr other then just shifting hard into second and riding a wheelie but on my 01 zx6r i would shift into second like normal and start at about 6000 rpms and give it all the trottle and about 6800 rpms pull in the clutch and dump it and it would come up and i could ride it because when i just got it balanced i was in the sweet spot of the power and could keep bliping the trottle and ride it till i wanted to shift gears.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've only been able to ge the front wheel up a couple of inches in second so far. I have started to do first gear standups and I like them better than sit downs because I can actually see how high the front wheel is off the ground. Ohh well, I need to practice.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
If you can do first gear standups then second gear should be no problem. On the 03 636 with a half tank of fuel I go around 8.5Grand and then roll off the throttle PUSH DOWN with legs and arms, and swing back a little (especially the ass) and then just crank it all the way and it comes up. If it just skips (which happens sometimes) I try right after and it's good :)

I find it hard, I still don't have the technique set. Get on a 750 and you'll see how easy it is to bring up. Not fair :(

What's your octane level?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
What Marine said.

When I first tried to do 2nd gear wheelies I would yank my arms and the bars up. This would make the front wheel actually wanna stay down and if you do get it up the bars will likely want to go to one side or the other and can give you a mean tank slapper when you get back down. So remember to keep you arms loose. Also I get my RPMs up to about 10k. and I have the 03 636. Its just so much easier to get it up at 10 so I dont even try below that in 2nd gear. Might be because I weigh a little more though. im 6'4" 200.

Thank God for Guardian Angels... Especially This One!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.