Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for clear pictures of how this thing looks. I'm going to get either the 2006 or 2007 10R and I want to have all the goodies lined up for it before it arrives.

I'm thinking of going with the BOZ BROS I wanted to see a clear pic of just the pipe by itself as well as installed on a 10R. Also, does anyone have a sound clip of it? I tried looking on the BozBros site, but it seems even with the tech knowledge - i suck at the internet or fail to see the obvious sometimes.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Originally posted by F SANE IL
I'm looking for clear pictures of how this thing looks. I'm going to get either the 2006 or 2007 10R and I want to have all the goodies lined up for it before it arrives.

I'm thinking of going with the BOZ BROS I wanted to see a clear pic of just the pipe by itself as well as installed on a 10R. Also, does anyone have a sound clip of it? I tried looking on the BozBros site, but it seems even with the tech knowledge - i suck at the internet or fail to see the obvious sometimes.

Thanks guys.
What's up bro? Looks like a Mustang in your avatar?

Try searching here and zx-10r.net. A few people have them. I have heard it in person, it is CRAZY. No sneaking around on that bad boy lol.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Had it,looked great,sold it-WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too loud. Even for tracks as most have a 102db limit. The pipe is like 116 db. Cop magnet. My neighbor heard me 5 miles away when i got on it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
What up, ive had the boz for about 2 months and there aint no way its coming off my bike. Yes its loud, and yes it draws attention. Thing is that people dont realize though, is since the pipe pretty much points straight down, the sound doesnt project at all. You cant hear the bike past 3 blocks away. You almost have to be standing next to it for it to be as loud as everyone makes it out to be. Dont get me wrong, when your on the bike, its ridiculously loud, so have a decently padded helmet to block some of it out, or ear plugs. But i wouldnt trade it for the world. Sounds deeper than anything else, and it deffinatly is a magnet for attention. As far as cops go, just go slow past them and your fine, ive never had one look twice. Ill try to get pictures up soon, but i have no way of gettin a sound clip on here, but its on this website somewhere else...just look it up in the search. I recommend more than any other pipe, Just trust me and get it, you really wont be dissappointed. It took me a month to finally decide to get one without ever seeing it in person or hearing it, and im so glad i did.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Originally posted by duckman999
Had it,looked great,sold it-WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too loud. Even for tracks as most have a 102db limit. The pipe is like 116 db. Cop magnet. My neighbor heard me 5 miles away when i got on it.
BS...no exhaust can be heard 5 miles away.

·
Premium Member
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, thanks for the responce. Mainly i wanted to have a clear picture of the pipe OFF THE BIKE. The reason is taht there is a local guy who is a proffesional in pipe bending and such. A friend of mine swears that he can make me a pipe as long as he has a picture of it. Since i'm planning on getting a 10R in mid winter/beginning of summer, i really want to have all the goodies ready to go. :D

·
Registered
232 Posts
Makes sense, the pipe itself isnt anything special at all, its mainly the headers that come with it that might give your buddy some trouble, granted if he knows what hes doing, then he'll probably be fine...if your gonna use the stock headers just make sure he makes one that fits...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Originally posted by DDJFLW

Wanna bet? Get 5 miles away from my bike. People refuse to go on group rides with me now... I might be getting a different full system. I only bought my boz 'cause I got it for next to free.

·
Premium Member
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ted, if you're getting another one and you got yours next to free. Interested in selling it for next to free to me? :D Thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
Originally posted by Juanny
I have a quick question....If I were to buy this exhaust, would I need a PC also, or would I be good without it??
What's up?
After some long consideration, I have decided to buy the Boz Bros also. I spoke to mt mechanic friend and a friend who works at my dealer and they both said to power command it due to such low backpressure. You also won't get all the benefits without it until you fix the fuel map. Money well spent I say.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Originally posted by DDJFLW

Well, I don't know. 5 miles might be stretching it, but I would guess that the BOZ pipe will make the bike sound close a MotoGP bike in volume and you can definitely hear a MotoGP bike from a long ways away. Don't know if it would travel 5 miles, but I might give it a solid 1-1.5 with nothing to block the sound travel.

·
Registered
73 Posts
What's up?
After some long consideration, I have decided to buy the Boz Bros also. I spoke to mt mechanic friend and a friend who works at my dealer and they both said to power command it due to such low backpressure. You also won't get all the benefits without it until you fix the fuel map. Money well spent I say.
Thanks Bro

·
Registered
232 Posts
Ya, you deffinately need the PC...i rode around without it while mine was on back order...back fires like crazy...with it problem solved, and now i got a nice extra punch from about 2k-5k rpms...good times...wouldnt trade it for the world

·
Registered
145 Posts
Originally posted by CavemanSol
Ya, you deffinately need the PC...i rode around without it while mine was on back order...back fires like crazy...with it problem solved, and now i got a nice extra punch from about 2k-5k rpms...good times...wouldnt trade it for the world
Yo Caveman,

I meant to ask you....is this pipe LEGAL??? lol. I already ordered it but I want to know if I'll pass inspection next time it comes up. Also, was it shooting flames before the PC??

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think it comes with a little device that will silence the pipe, but I am not sure... Does anyone know if the 06 10r owners have to make any modifications to the lower fairing???

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've got an 06 zx10 with the Moira exhaust. There are no lower fairing mods required. It points out the bottom and slightly to the right. It's really loud and definatly needs a PC. Does anyone have the PC maps for this exhaust?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Originally posted by slipagnt
I've got an 06 zx10 with the Moira exhaust. There are no lower fairing mods required. It points out the bottom and slightly to the right. It's really loud and definatly needs a PC. Does anyone have the PC maps for this exhaust?
+++1!!
I will be getting my Moira in the next week. I can not find any maps for this set up. Anyone have them???
Thanks.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.