Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of goodrich steel braided brake lines for my whip. Are they a pain in the thizzel? Or are they cake? Someone told me that they are difficult to bleed. I have done a lot of mechanics, but never bled brakes. Any Help/Suggestions?[8][?][:Attention]

·
Registered
464 Posts
You can get a brake bleeder kit from autozone/advanced auto for like $15 I've never used them but people say they are very helpful.

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
depends how the bike is positioned and how the lines are routed. For most part if you use a vacuum based bleed mechanism then it should be easy as pie if your relying on gravity and pumping the lever you will be there for days. just be sure to leave as much fluid in your calipers as you can. I did mine a month or so ago and just removed the brake line from the caliper leaving the nipple in tight so no air got in behind the pistons put the new lines on attached a tube to the nipple filled with fluid to minimise air and then filled the res and pumped it through til all the air was out. Some people recommend using a syringe to fill the line once its connected to the caliper and when it over flows at the top end then join it to the master and fill up the res. however you still have to push any remaining air out so its much of a much ness.

Russ

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
I have done them on my bike but gravity bleed isn't that hard. I did my quad in about 30 mins by myself but it is easier if you fill the lines first otherwise it could take a while.
Ben

·
Registered
471 Posts
my friend bleed my brakes with a speed bleeder and it took less than 10 minutes for both fronts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.