Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple buddies and I signed up for this....something new for the 3 of us. But its a long drive to a "scary track". I'm comfortable with 110-115mph in the carousel at Road America...but is Turn 1 at Brainerd really full open, full lean...?

Supposedly a new surface with safety improvements as well.

·
Registered
579 Posts
i just did brainerd in june. the full course is NOT new pavement. they are in the process of finishing up a short course in the middle of the track.

on a 600, turn 1 is indeed full open, if you have the balls. I wouldn't do it unless you are running some good tires. I didn't get up to full throttle but i would let off to about 90% throttle and go on through. you aren't at full lean through 1 as it is banked and that helps. turn two is another story. pretty much full out in fifth, fully leaned over. I was dragging my knee what I would guess was around 120-125. I was topping out 5th gear through two because I started pushing my corsa III's I was running.

If you really meant to type $65, you will not be displeased for that price. Have fun!

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes...$65...its no typo.

I avoid joining nesba because of their $75 fee, but even with that and some gas expense, its cheaper than 185 for road america right in my back yard. Now I can look at nesba dates in the next 365 days. Maybe putnam and Road America in October to finish the year.

I was one of the guys that left off the throttle to run the kink at road america...I suspect I'll be backing off in in those couple turns as well....its just a track day, and should be fun filled...not panic filled.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
I have heard many a' stories about T1 at Brainerd. I'm jealous of you. Especially at that price......

--David

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
I'll be in CA. If you want it, come get it.

--David

1 - 7 of 7 Posts