Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yaddy,
I purchased those same levers for my wifes 250 ninja and when I was riding behind her I noticed the brake light would be on. I thought she was riding the brake but it turned out th lever was causing the brake switch to be depressed while riding. I went back and forth with the company for more than a month before they sent me a replacement piece. I ended up buying her some Pazzo levers and I have no idea if the piece they sent me fixed the issue or not. I know this is a different bike but it is just something to have a look at.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yaddy,
I purchased those same levers for my wifes 250 ninja and when I was riding behind her I noticed the brake light would be on. I thought she was riding the brake but it turned out th lever was causing the brake switch to be depressed while riding. I went back and forth with the company for more than a month before they sent me a replacement piece. I ended up buying her some Pazzo levers and I have no idea if the piece they sent me fixed the issue or not. I know this is a different bike but it is just something to have a look at.
I've heard a few comments warning of a similar thing. I can say without any hesitation though, I have no such problems with my levers, non whatsoever. They fit absolutely perfect and feel great. Just lucky I guess.

Other comments I've heard are of the lever actually pushing on the pump a little and causing the brake to bind, again no such issues for me though. In my case, it could be that I fitted the levers to a totally dry system and bled the brakes with new lines, pads, oil etc etc. If you fit these to a pre-charged system, it might be best to release the pressure from the lines and re-bleed? Just a thought perhaps..:confused:

·
Registered
1,992 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
i found on the earlier batches of chinese shorty levers the rod socket on the brake lever was too small and needed opening up a tad with a larger drill bit otherwise it pressed on the rod and caused brake bind. im on my 3rd set now on the 2012 bikes and they have sorted the issue out. im sure they are all made in 1 factory over there by the million and distributed all over ebay by different companies. i usuall buy mine from USA listings as theyre cheaper than the UK listings :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm using the same levers that Yaddy is. The Two Wheels shorty levers. My experience was slightly different.

Mine fit perfect when I first installed them. No brake light issues an no issues with rubbing either.

I then installed front brake lines and had the calipers stripped down for painting. When I reassembled and bled the brakes they where now rubbing. I just used a drill bit and re drilled the hole for the plunger just enough to see metal filings start to come out, all is fixed!

I think I paid $20 for these levers two years ago. I feel I have gotten my moneys worth and would buy a pair again in the future.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I'm a cheap azz when it comes to something simple like a lever. $50 for 2 sets of levers. No fading so far or any type of wear.
No problems with mine.
They worked well on my 6 and I got another set for the 14. less than 2 weeks delivery.
The negative is the adjustment tabs don't match colors so stick with basic black or silver.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Can't remember the brand name, but some aftermarket cast aluminum ones that my local bike shop gets me. Regular length. They will bend if dropped and break if you try to bend them back, but for $20 a pop I can't complain.

·
Registered
562 Posts
2 Wheels (ebay) Chinese brake & clutch levers

Same as the other guys, bought from ebay for less than £30 delivered. I've had them on there nearly a year now with '0' issues! :)

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts