Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have always had hondas and i got the 06 636 and the thing is AWSOME.... but the rear brake on this thing SUCK... has anyone figured a dif rear caliper i could use..... i have seen people put brembo ducati rear calipers on hondas befor.....

·
Registered
254 Posts
try adjusting the brake lever up higher first and see if it feels better. you could do a steel braided line and a different compound brake pads to give it some more bite. for upgrades there is some trick stuff on yoyodyneti.com but maybe you should focus more on using the front brake. when you get better at braking you will soon realize that under heavy heavy braking the rear wheel is actually off the ground and at that point the rear brake is pretty much useless ...

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this isnt my first bike.. i have been on motorcycles since 10 and street bikes since 15.... that being said back to the point.... does anyone know of any other REAR CALIPER i can use because the stock 1 is garbage....
i dont think a steel line will even get it close to the feel of a honda.... but i have 1 comming

·
28,939 Posts
stock caliper is way more than whats needed. if its not enough for you maybe you need to work on your braking technique since the rear provides a very small amount of your stopping power. touchy rear brakes will put you on your head.

THAT being said, their are alternatives. it was already mentiond but fluid/lines/pads are a good start if you feel you must upgrade.

this isnt our first rodeo either, listen to these folks, they know there shit.

·
Powerhungry
38,395 Posts
this isnt my first bike.. i have been on motorcycles since 10 and street bikes since 15.... that being said back to the point.... does anyone know of any other REAR CALIPER i can use because the stock 1 is garbage....
i dont think a steel line will even get it close to the feel of a honda.... but i have 1 comming
street bikes....but SPORT bikes?

and what exactly is the rear brake doing? or not doing as it may be?

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
what exactly is it doing or not doing? does it have a mushy feel, or what?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the rear brake isnt half as good as the hondas.... this is my first bike other then a honda.... i love it.. it rips and handles beter then my buddys 996...

but i come to a stop light on the rear brake and it just dosnt have the power of the honda rear brakes.... its almost as if i should take my foot of the peg and stand on the thing..... i am going to adjust it tonight and see if that makes a dif.....

now i picked the bike up friday from the biggest squid i have ever met.... it had 571 miles on it so i dont think anyone whould have fucked with the rear brakes... this kid was the arkatoothus... he had a xl kawasaki jacket and was about 5'6" 145 lbs and he told me to were a "white T so i could get all the ladys"

like i said i am going to adjust the lever.... i got a steel line comming... we will see.
i was just wondering if anyone had swaped another kind of caliper on this thing

·
Powerhungry
38,395 Posts
the rear brake isnt half as good as the hondas.... this is my first bike other then a honda.... i love it.. it rips and handles beter then my buddys 996...

but i come to a stop light on the rear brake and it just dosnt have the power of the honda rear brakes.... its almost as if i should take my foot of the peg and stand on the thing..... i am going to adjust it tonight and see if that makes a dif.....

now i picked the bike up friday from the biggest squid i have ever met.... it had 571 miles on it so i dont think anyone whould have fucked with the rear brakes... this kid was the arkatoothus... he had a xl kawasaki jacket and was about 5'6" 145 lbs and he told me to were a "white T so i could get all the ladys"

like i said i am going to adjust the lever.... i got a steel line comming... we will see.
i was just wondering if anyone had swaped another kind of caliper on this thing
honestly, i think this is the first time ive heard someone complain of the rear brake being weak.

mine will EASILY lock the rear. with little effort.

BUT, you really should be STOPPING more with the front. use the rear, SPARINGLY for control.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
ya, put the new stainless line on, bleed the brakes, and use good brake fluid. mabe change to a differant brake pad. but sounds to me like its just not as quick responding as you would like it to be.

try the above, and see how it is.

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
I changed my rear line to stainless and new fluid. INSTANTLY better. I did the same to the fronts but also went to EBC HH pads. WAY BETTER!

·
Registered
286 Posts
i hate the rear brakes on kawis too, ive had 2 05/06 636's and you can barely feel the brake. yes it will lock up but you gotta stomp it compared to a honda where you can use half the effort. rear brake is very important to me because i stunt but ive gotten used to it after 2 of these mushy ass things lol. still wish i could swap out for a diff caliper.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i hate the rear brakes on kawis too, ive had 2 05/06 636's and you can barely feel the brake. yes it will lock up but you gotta stomp it compared to a honda where you can use half the effort. rear brake is very important to me because i stunt but ive gotten used to it after 2 of these mushy ass things lol. still wish i could swap out for a diff caliper.
yo buddy....... if i could put a honda caliper on this thing it would be the tits.... i am going down to d.c. i will have to throw you a pm on stuntlife.....
i picked this thing up last friday and love it..... fuck f4i's lol i do miss my old bike tho

1 - 17 of 17 Posts