Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told that changing your brake fluid is easy, but I would like to hear from sombody else that has a ZX6R that has done this theirselves. I am pretty mechanically inclined so it shouldn't be a problem for me. I have a '00 model, so anybody that could give me some details on changing the fluid it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Changing fluid is very easy.. i have a 2001 6r.. just be careful not to drip fluid on your paint... there is a "nipple" on each calliper that is covered by a rubber cap... remove the cap and place a small vacumm hose(local parts store) over the nipple... notice the 10mm nut right by the nipple... when you loosen this the fluid will come out... only loosen a little... once loosened pump brakes but be ready to pour the new fluid in the resevoir... you will catch on.. its easy... do one calliper at a time.. good luck... if you need more detailed instructions or maybe pics email me at [email protected]

2001 Yellow ZX-6R

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here is a little something that I learned from the previous owner of my bike. Use a large syringe (that is purchased and used only for brake fluid) to suck most of the bad brake fluid out of the reservoir before you even crack the purge nipple. I also have found that fish tank air tubing fits perfectly on the nipple and is very cheap.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Their is a wealth of knowledge in here. The help just never stops. The crappy part is im stuck here at work for a 96 hour / 4 day shift. I'm a firefighter in the marine corps. Since im working this holiday i get 4 days off for new years. Anyways since im stuck here, i can't get any brake fluid. Got everything else i need though. Guess i'll have to wait till friday. Oh well. Thanks again guys.

Loose is fast and on the edge you're out of control.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.