Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was looking through a bunch of mags at walmart instead of paying for them, and i noticed a lot of bikes have their front brake fluid drum covered with those armbands that basketball players wear on their forearm. what gives? is there an actual reason, like keeping light from getting to the fluid, or is it just appearance.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Well let me help you out here man...

It is for this sole purpose only of, keeping any extra fluid from getting on anything else, as brake fluid is very bad for paint and any other surface..
once your bike is pushing hard and you get on the brakes it can get expanded and the sweat band keeps any vapor or leakage off your bike and windscreen...

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
Originally posted by jdgun_13
Well let me help you out here man...

It is for this sole purpose only of, keeping any extra fluid from getting on anything else, as brake fluid is very bad for paint and any other surface..
once your bike is pushing hard and you get on the brakes it can get expanded and the sweat band keeps any vapor or leakage off your bike and windscreen...
I would like to add to what JD said, ALSO break fluid (as with any oil) breaks down over time, breaks down faster with heat, even faster when exposed to direct sunlight. Hence block sunlight from fluid and fluid will last longer, as for me I will just flush the fluid every spring before I start riding, same with the rear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.