Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just traded my car for an 03 zx6r. My problem is that the brake light doenst turn on unless the key is in teh parking light position? it looks as though the wiring has been messed with. any input here??

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Check your fuses and wiring and bulb. Is the parking light actually bright as the brake light would be? And the rear tail light (same as parking light) doesn't come on when the key is in the "on" position? Doesn't sound too bad to fix if you have a wiring diagram and some electrical know how.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
since i just got the bike i am not sure if the light is on full brightness or not...never saw the difference with brake pressed vs it not being pressed. I dont even know where the fuse box is on the thing. guess i will start searching.

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
I'll throw it out there before sky/nevada/hoser slam it down... get a manual dude. It's well worth the money you'll pay for it. Did a regular owner's manual come with the bike? If not, that may be a cheaper buy for you at your local dealer/ebay... but a full on manual is worth it.

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
oh, and I would guess the fuse box is located either under the passenger seat or between the front seat and passenger seat under the fairing... but that's just a guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts