Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend picked up a '97 zx7r but the brake lights dont work, parking light is fine.
We have checked all the fuses under the seat at the main fuse box. Is there possibly a secondary box hidden somewhere?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
i had a similar problem. the brake lights wouldnt get brighter when i pulled the lever. turns out it was because my rear brake pedal wasnt returning, so it would stay on. take off the rear brake pedal assembly and look in the back to see if it returns.

·
Registered
16 Posts
the secondary filiment in the tail light isnt illuminated. I checked the voltage coming out of the switches and both are working. I get power to them, and thru them when activated, but I lose it after that. I have a service manual on order, but it won't be here for a few more days. ALso my turn signals don't work. It won't even give me an indicator on the cluster.

p.s. I'm teh friend UUC328 was refering to.

·
Registered
124 Posts
do you have rear turn signals and front turn signals? when i got my bike i didnt have rear signals and it wouldnt display on my guage cluster when i turned on the the signals. when i put my rear signals on, then my guage cluster would indicate that i had them on. Also check to see if your bulbs are good.

·
Registered
22 Posts
trace the wiring front to back. make sure to clean and lubricate all harness connectors. make sure all are making good contact by jiggling the connectors( twist them a wee bit if you have to but not much).

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jeff, i saw you got the Haynes manual when i was over there to pick up the grinder. Does this mean you got the brake light working?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.