Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
44,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, yesterday I swapped out my stock front brake lines for SS lines. The kit I got is not like the stock set up. I have two lines at the MC with one going to each caliper. Anyway, bleeding the lines was a nightmare and I then had a mechanic tell my buddy that Kawis are just a bitch. Anybody else have trouble with this? Oh yea, the SS lines make a nice difference. :D

***EDIT*** I just did a search and found others have had the same problem. F-that, I'm getting a pump.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I too read loads of posts from people having probs which is why my lines lay in my garage for about 6 months before I got the courage to fit them.When I did I had no probs at all bleeding,I did use a big syringe filled with fluid to fill the system first which helped a lot,can't remember if I bled the m/c or the callipers first.Seemed to work fine.
I don't understand why Kawi went to the hassle to fit radial callipers then wreck it all by fitting rubber hoses.My last bike had goldline brembos mounted tradionally but with stainless lines and the braking performance was far superior to the standard kawi set up.Stainless lines are definatley the way forward.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.